Mouse Cursor Issues [Note, NOT the same as the flickering desktop cursor bug]

Khan_Tiger

I recently updated to 1.2.1 with all of my DCS modules, only to find that the cursor was distracting, and the FPS had suffered significantly. Searched on the forums and saw that a fix was in the works, and auto update sure enough found them earlier today, only for me to find a somewhat more significant bug lurking. When using the command [L-Alt+C] to switch between clickable mode and pan mode, I've noticed that the cursor is sometimes invisible when switching back. While this would in itself be acceptable, even perhaps desirable, the cursor refuses to appear unless I flail the mouse around the screen, and even then, it occasionally takes a few times of entering and exiting the escape menu for the cursor to appear. This makes the game essentially unplayable, as I don't have every 'Hog MFCD button mapped to my stick, and when starting up my black shark it's a PITA having to struggle just to get my cursor to click on my commands, especially given that it's unpredictable how many times I have to flail and click to get the damn thing to show up. Enough was enough when I ended up jettisoning two of my VIKHRs while still on the ground. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling DCS World 1.2.1 with its modules already, and am out of clues. I've attatched the DXdiag for my machine, and am including a video of the issue, attempting to show the screen panning while having to escape out a number of times for the cursor to reappear some random place.

If it makes any difference, the processor is overclocked to ~2.3 ghz

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Khan_Tiger
Added raw URL, unable to get the youtube tags to work

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using TrackIR, and without using LAlt+C I get the same bug. It does not make the game unplayable, but it is a significant bug. The problem is that the cursor seems to be visible when not moving the mouse, when it should be hidden, and then sometimes it does not appear again when moving the mouse until flailing for an undeterministic period of time.

Waiting for a hotfix.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

• 2 weeks later...
For me the cursor reappears when it hits anything clickable. I think it's like that on purpose.

I hope it's not. Makes no sense from the usability standpoint. How am I supposed to hit anything clickable when I have no cursor?

MSI GTX 770 2GB -> 1920x1200, MSI H97M, Xeon 1231v3, 16GB

That is not the case. It is a bug. This would be the correct behaviour, and either works correctly atm:

1. When not moving the mouse, the cursor should disappear within a short time, even shorter when giving input through controllers such as joystick, etc.

2. When moving the mouse, the cursor should appear immediately until 1.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW