Stop Removing Unarmed Building-Units

Wrecking Crew

v1.2.1.6288

DCS Guys, it sure seemed to be all working at the start of 1.2.1 where you repaired the missing building units so prior missions can be run in all their glory.

But in the last few versions the Unarmed Building-Units have disappeared, again! These two units need to be brought back into the Fortifications valid value list -

Barracks (unarmed)

Watchtower (unarmed)

Maybe you plan to transfer them to the Unarmed list from Fortifications, but for Heaven's sake stop removing them from the Mission Builder. What? you trying to take us back to the Middle Ages or something??

:mad:

I really like the update feature you put in - most excellent.

:pilotfly:

Wrecking Crew

Edited by Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I'll look into it.

While its not the solution you are asking for, both objects are available in an unarmed state as static objects. The only major downside is that the objects are not tied to a group, so you can't really make a template out of it. However you can still use triggers on static objects if required.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks Grimes,

I had a 2 AM thought of the day last night and will try plopping down the Armed Watchtower and setting its ROE to Weapons Hold.

I'll post the outcome w/in a few days...

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Sadly, it looks to me that most of the "improvements" and fixes they made in the 1.2.1 patch got rolled back. At least for the graphics and effects. Just my 2 cents however.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

All the Unarmed unit problems are now corrected in my missions by replacing the unarmed units from v1.1.1.1 with similar armed units and setting ROE = Weapons Hold.

To help find the units to replace using v1.1.1.1, I opened each mission in v1.2.1 and then closed the sim and opend the me.log file and searched for the word 'big', as in BIG FAT ERROR.

It looks like all my missions are good-to-go now in v1.2.1.6288.

Yahoo!

Wrecking Crew

Grimes - I need these to be Group/Units - not Static objects - because I want them there to be able to use the F7 View with them.

WC