Dead AI climbs infinitely

Rotareneg

The AI A-10C (I haven't tested other planes) will spiral up out of the atmosphere, causing the game to freeze if you let it go high enough, if the pilot ejects while it's in a steep climb. The final part of the fight in the attached track is around 200 seconds, where we both go into a vertical climb and I apparently knock both his engines out causing him to eject, and yet continue to climb. I exited the mission before he climbed too high to avoid having the game doing anything weird and preventing me from saving the track.

Dead_A10_anomaly.trk

I got the same problem with a MiG-27K. The plane was hit, the pilot ejected. The MiG-27 now useless made loops and climed up to 140,000 ft the sky went dark. This happened also with a F-16CJ in the same area E of Anapa AB. I would like to mention that, due to the fact that I never had this happen over Georgia.

rhino

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Home Premium 64bit, Intel Core i5-760 (2.8-3.33), GigaByte GA-P55-USB3, be quiet PurePower BQT L7 530W ATX23, CoolerMaster CM690II Adv, LG GH22LS, HD 500GB WD5001AALS, 6 GB Kingston 1333-999 Blu, Sapphire 1GB HD5850 Vapor-X OC, Scythe Yasya SCYS-1000, display LG E2350VR-SN 23"

I've seen Su-27s fly for almost an hour after ejection as well.

Climbing to the edge of space is not normal but flying a long time after ejection of the pilot happened already in real life: 1989 Mig23 crash on a house in Kortrijk

This link has a map of the unmanned flight.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 weeks later...

Screen_121025_011726.jpg

Kept climbing...kept climbing. Game then just froze and crashed.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

ED! You need to QA your releases a lot more before release. The longer you develop this game, naturally bugs will happen, but there are starting to be so many now that it's getting annoying!

1. Spiraling aircraft.

2. On the radio, the sound play as "2, RTB", but it says "to 2nd, RTB", etc.

3. JTAC, A-10, says 1150 x guns twice, etc, even mentions weapons that aren't there...

More shinieness, please. :-)

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Me too; my wingman's empty A-10 broke the sound barrier several times during shallow dives from 50,000 feet.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

3. JTAC, A-10, says 1150 x guns twice, etc, even mentions weapons that aren't there...

I saw this mentioned once before- the guy who brought it up forgot that the pilot is talking about both him AND his wingman. Would that explain point 3?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Yup, something VERY weird going on. A GBU-38 flying horizontally at great speed and a MiG-29 doing a loooong glide without engine power :unsure: WTF...

EDIT: Oh, and I should add that the MiG wasn't just flying straight ahead and descending (which would have been plausible) but LOOPING without losing any speed and/or altitude for a long time...

Bug1.thumb.jpg.044bb573044c61dee53bac01614207d7.jpg

Bug2.thumb.jpg.1c184e1df2d1634ba264a3ddd5465521.jpg

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Since you seem pretty good at replicating the issue, can you please attach a short track or post specifics on how you are getting this bug to occur. Yes screenshots are helpful in illustrating the problem exists, but are of no help to identify the cause of the actual problem.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Hmmm. Ran the mission five times in a row, got it happen once (a MiG-29 again), but DCS crashed when the plane reached ~80000ft and I couldn't save a track. Just gotta keep on trying I guess...

EDIT: Here's the mission, however, for anyone interested in trying to replicate this themselves.

AI_BUG.miz

Edited by msalama

And a MiG-23 doing the same thing. This track is from a "real" mission, i.e. one I'm frequently running when hosting online, albeit in a single-player mode this time. Used to work without a glitch in v1.2.0 and 1.1.1.1.

AI_BUG_2.trk

• 2 weeks later...