Need help forG940 Configuration for A-10C

LcSummers

Hi m8s,

i need please some help for my G940 configuration. I use the layout in the attachment. I am not an expert, so an easy way to configure would be helpfull for me. The simplier the better. :joystick: I would use it for DCS World 1.2.1

My questions are

1, How and where do i configure the SHIFT KEY (upper part of attachment)on the Joystick?

2, How and where do i configure the the MODE 2 KEYS on the throttle?

A HUGE THANKS for anyone who can give me some help:thumbup:

Salute

LC

1002206183_PRINTINGLAYOUT.thumb.jpg.bb8513da6a9c15fbfd02a936f3b9b7bb.jpg

Edited by LcSummers

In the options, controller binding You have separate function for definition of modifiers. There You have to add this button as another modifier.

Mode 2 and 3 You can only map in the Logitech profiler. There's no such option in DCS.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Let me know, if one day, You'll have problem with unstable axis signals. G940 is known of such a behaviour, and I have solutions for some of these issues, so don't hesitate to ask for support.

For example, look in the

and observe rudder axis (green one). Action starts around 0:10 time. :-)

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Hi Pipok,

i do not understand it 100%.

So if i am correct, someone tries to calibrate the rudder and the toe brakes are moving and the rudders are jumping?

I do not remember to had any troubles. My pedals are working correctly..

I am glad you helped me out with the 940. Mapped the Joystick and Throttle, its working well, the only thing i want to do later is the MODE 2 option.

You saved me!!!!!

Thanks buddy:thumbup:

LC

It's showing spikes on the rudder axis that happened to me because potentiometer for this axis is supported from below by stiff plastic cylinder that is part of base plate (cover). The rotational axle in potentiometer after some time is starting to move sideways while rest of potentiometer is kept still by mentioned above cylinder. This makes potentiometer to return spikes when axle is turning. What I've done, cut-out cylinder, glued in it's place some stiff foam from the box in which I've bought notebook (the dark gray dense foam), and glued it to the base plate using double sided sticky tape.

Another issue I've found after some time of usage pedals was spikes on the toe brake axis, but as described on YT, this time it was only required to tighten screw that is axle of rotation for pedal.

Now I have two other issues that I am working about:

- one with ministick that in central position still drifts up - null zone should be too big to use this stick comfortably.

- and another one with upper hat on the trottle that doesn't work in Y axis. It is due to broken harness inside of throttle hande "neck". If You want to avoid this issue, just remove small screws (three of them) that holds this harness in place. One screw is above throttle's "main board", and another two are inside throttle's "neck".

Natural Born Kamikaze

But to be clear. I've had some time to get acquaint with Warthog HOTAS, and I am happy with my choice. IMHO, the only real issue in all this situation around G940 is lack of any support and availability of spare parts for this hardware. While most of issues as You can see are manageable, still I have no idea how to repair drifting ministick, and as I saw it's construction, I think this one is beyond my capability to repair it. But besides this G940 is pretty good construction for... modding let's name it. ;-)

Natural Born Kamikaze