Game Avionics and Multiplayer

oniellnz

I have a couple of friends that would like to join me in online flying, but they are not as 'Hard Core' as I am.

I want to set up a mission so they can fly with Game Avionics mode on, But I can fly without it.

Setting 'Game Avionics Mode' in the gameplay settings is ignored in multiplayer.

The only way to get the game mode working in multiplayer is to enforce it in the mission options, but then everyone has to use the game mode avionics, including me :(.

Is there something I'm missing, or could this be a bug?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shaken, stirred, snap frozen - twice, turned into a snowman and shaken some more.

The trick is to leave the setting open (not checked) and the player can select game mode on his side.

(HJ)

Indeed that is what you would expect to happen, but if it is left unchecked, then nobody can use the game mode.

I have tested it with all the setting on and off in the mission, and on and off in the main game options screen, but the only time I have had anyone able to have game mode, is when it is enforced in the mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Shaken, stirred, snap frozen - twice, turned into a snowman and shaken some more.

Indeed, checking the left box means you enforce for all clients the option you select with the right box.

Unfortunately you can't check the right box without first checking the left

EDIT: Actually, I just noticed this - You can first check the enforce box on the left, then check the box on the right, then _uncheck_ the enforce box and the one on the right will stay checked. I've no idea if this amounts to a solution but I suppose it's worth a try :)

Edited by mjeh

Guess there's no way around them learning their stuff properly. But then again, they should anyway - such a great sim :)

Indeed. And there is hope for one of them already. Set up a training flight last night, with a 'Surprise' at the half way point. My mate didn't panic, and after repairing etc, we went back and game the enemy a good seeing to. :thumbup:

My friend enjoyed the whole thing. So after some more flight, drip feeding extra systems in to the training, I'll yank the game mode from under them... :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]