FAC-Engage Group JTACs

STP Dragon

Hi guys,

The JTACs in my missions are not working anymore. The radio menu is empty.

I used FAC-Engage Group for all JTACs.

Is it a bug or a change of the editor-behaviour?

Do I have to edit my missions?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1566496&postcount=6

So you can either go through your missions and edit or wait. It has been fixed in our DCS build but hasn't been ported yet. I have asked for this to be autoupdated asap. Hopefully will happen soon.

p.s. I am hopeful that the fac- enagage group priority fix will also be ported across so that you can also order the prioirity of targets.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Thx Druid!

I'll wait and see. Don't have time/passion to edit my missions again.

In the last autoupdate this has been fixed in my tests.

Jtacs without waypoints should appear in radio menu and operate normally.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

They dont.... Maybe i can send u one of my missions to have a look what is Wrong ??

sure, post it up.

:D

1.6.7 is with FM

1.6.6 is with AM Freq.

In FM they Dont Answer

in AM there not in Comm Menu

Or if you Join the running Mission(lets say 2 Minutes after Mission has Resumed/Started) they wont appear in Comm Menu.

:mad:

Reworked this mission surely 20 Times now. But sometimes its Working at one test and sometimes its not working. Even also without editing between both tests

Hopefully for Help

ISE :(

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

I'm getting the same issue with a mission I'm working on.

Predator JTAC is not showing up on the radio menu, also I cannot assign FAC group manualy.

It is running with no WPs, so I'm going to try to put WPs in and see if it fixes anything.

EDIT: FM frequencies appear to work now on predator, please make sure you select realistic FM freq's.

Edited by Druid_

Isegrim,

I checked your mission and you have the predator set to AFAC & have removed the generic FAC -a from the advanced options (which is fine if you want to stop him reporting everything) and replaced it with a FAC - engage group (also fine). But when I select FAC -engage group you have not assigned any target groups. i.e. Currently it says NOTHING. so with nothing assigned he's got nothing for you and probably won't even appear in the comms menu.

Also put your FAC- engage group after the set invisible/immortal actions as you really want them to execute first. Works when I did all of this.

Edited by Druid_

Added a very simple mission with AFAC predator working on 30.0 FM only. Can someone test this for me and report back.

I believe FM on predator is working in latest autoupdate 1.2.1.6288, or at least it is for me.

predatorOnFM_test.miz

Edited by Druid_

:doh:Ahm Sorry but the Predator Drohne isnt needed in that Mission I added it later in the Mission cause the Hummvees didnt do their jop as Jtac.

The Proplem are those Humvees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reedited the mission ...now if i put an A10 C to senaki they Work

But regulary the A10 Start at Gudauta in that mission.

Also if you join a MP Game later they will not appear in Comm menu.

Or they send no Targets.

Every Client has this Proplem on this mission.

Look for Axeman FM 31/Anvil FM 32/Firefly FM 33/Mantis FM 34

Forget this F..... Predator Drohne.:doh:

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

OK either I was testing in the wrong version (quite possible I have 4) or the last update nerfed it.

Can you place a waypoint after WP0 on each JTAC and then place a HOLD command on WP0 so they don't move and tell me what happens then.

Just open the Mission and u see that i triggered the Hold + Task FAC Engage group with a Zone called ANTI HOLD 1

Now if i Place a A10 C to Senaki. They Work in SP in this A10 at Senaki only.

But in the Playable mission there is no A10 C at Senaki (I put in that A10 C only for Testing).

The A10 Fly from Gudauta to Senaki/Poti and Ask there for Jtac support.

The Point is they do not everytime appear in Comm menu (only the first joined client will possibly get jtac. Every later joined client on the server will not get Jtac)

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

ok, I had another look. Its difficult looking at other peoples logic so forgive me if I have this wrong but ...

In mission start you deactivate US MBT JTAC36 (unit name is US JTAC 36)

you then

ONCE -> US JTAC 36 unit inside zone JTAC ANTI HOLD 36 _> AI TASK JTAC ANTI HOLD 36 /-HOLD

So, since the group is deactivated at mission start it will never trigger in zone to action the HOLD command. Therefore your JTACs will continue to their last WP and 'switch off'

[Note: Once a unit is deactivated it cannot be activated again. Maybe you meant to do AI OFF or something]

I have put a HOLD action at WP0 waypoint actions on each JTAC. Please try now.

=STP= Isegrims Summer Heat 1.7.3 noCA.miz

Oh OK thats a nice find ...and sure it had to be AI OFF.

But the Proplematic Jtacs i wanna now why they dont work are Jtac 31-34.

JTAC 36 and 38 are late activated.

JTAC 31-34 are there from mission beginning.

Edit Are Jtac 31-34 Working for you ??? = FM 31/32/33/34

But thank you to find that trigger proplem with Jtac 36 :doh:

:flowers: ISE

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

No problem.

Can't test MP at the moment. Having said that try it out, it should work in theory since the JTACs are held in position and the reason they were not appearing was because they were reaching their end WP and switching off.

At least for this bug we have a workaround but I have asked for the fix to be sent via an autoupdate. I can't say when unfortunately but when it does I'll advertise it.

EDIT: also I noted you have FAC- assign group in your mission, just be wary of the results in MP. See http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1324315&postcount=41

Edited by Druid_