Some bugs I would like to report

Skywall23

Hi,

I have been trying 1.11 and have found some slight bugs:

1. A small bug still remains: the rendering of the fuel tanks of the Su-25T. If I remember right, last time I tried it didnt render the tanks, i.e. you cant see them. Well one of the dev.s knew of this bug, so I cant understand why wasnt it corrected.

2. The Km distance to waypoint indicator on the Hud of the Su-25T is screwed up. When you are aproaching your waypoint and reach 5Km distance of it, the indicator instead of continuing counting down starts counting up. Like this:

Su-25T (Distance Indicator) - 5.1 Km -> 5 Km -> 5.1 Km

Instead of:

5.1Km -> 5.0Km -> 4.9Km

At least it happened to me on the first Flaming Cliffs campaign mission.

I think thats all, but you better also check the training missions. Start one of them, then go to options. Last time I tried it the options didnt work.:rolleyes:

regarding the fuel tanks on the su-25, they do not show up if it is the 1st time you enter the payload screen (and haven't flown any missions with the su-25 yet). After you have entered and exited a mission, the fuel tanks show up fine and the payload screen works properly for every version of the su-25.

The tanks one is interesting . . . . IIRC, there's a problem that can happen when the name of the 3D model isn't the same as the name of the object.

Might be worth looking into that in the MeInit, there was a way around it for the aircraft 3D models.

Suggestion on the NAV system - the Su25T models gyro drift. As such, if the gyro drifts, the directional indicator can guide you past the waypoint. Sounds like that could be it - it's especially likely to happen on a long flight, even with just a couple of degrees initial drift, and IIRC, the first couple of Su25T campaign missions have long, long legs to attack waypoint.

There's still a bug there in that if the gyro's off, the INS shouldn't twig you didn't make it to the waypoint . . . . but that isn't the bug you think it is.

3. Also mentioned on this forum is that the training missions are 1.1 missions and don't behave properly in 1.11.

They dont. Well at least not with me. Start one training missions then go to the options screen and see if you can change any setting. I cant.