Center Off Toggle Switches

Hello,

I bought a 2160 single pulse generator board from Desktop Aviator to try and wire my armament HUD control panel.

My DPDT switches work fine when there are just two positions for a switch.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to wire up my center off position switches to give me three different signals(ARM/OFF/TRAIN). I can make the up and down positions work as two seperate buttons, but the center switch doesn't have a signal (And that's probably where I am off on this device). Maybe a should have gone with another product that wasn't single pulse? Or is there a way to get some sort of signal to assign it a third button?

Thanks!

Psylent

OS: Win 8.1 | CPU: Intel i5 3570K OC'd @ 4.2 GHz | MOBO: ASROCK Z77 Extreme 6 | GPU: GeForce GTX 780 3GB V-RAM | RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 | Cougar Hotas / CH Pro Pedals / TrackIR4 :pilotfly:

The logic in Helios or in possibly in DCS itself, with some lua editing, can create a structure where if the switch is not in position A or C therefore it is in position B. I am not an expert on doing this but from what I toyed with, it should be quite doable.

That is how the autopilot mode switch on the Laste panel (on the TM Warthog throttle base) works in the sim.

EDIT: Have a look at this thread from the DCS lua side of things.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks Cichlidfan,

Unfortunately, when I add the up = command in the LUA, with the 1/4 second pulse the 2160 sends to the PC, the game sees the pulse switching my GUN/PAC into arm, and then when the pulse goes away, automatically switches it to safe. Would work if I had a constant signal as if the key was held down like the Warthog HOTAS or the GroovyGame gear controller.

Or if I can get some sort of pulse when moving the switch to center off.

OS: Win 8.1 | CPU: Intel i5 3570K OC'd @ 4.2 GHz | MOBO: ASROCK Z77 Extreme 6 | GPU: GeForce GTX 780 3GB V-RAM | RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 | Cougar Hotas / CH Pro Pedals / TrackIR4 :pilotfly:

Thanks Cichlidfan,

Unfortunately, when I add the up = command in the LUA, with the 1/4 second pulse the 2160 sends to the PC, the game sees the pulse switching my GUN/PAC into arm, and then when the pulse goes away, automatically switches it to safe. Would work if I had a constant signal as if the key was held down like the Warthog HOTAS or the GroovyGame gear controller.

Or if I can get some sort of pulse when moving the switch to center off.

It was a thought. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi!

Try using this (change the number for the button corresponding to the ones you want it to) in the correct input lua file:

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN1"}, }, down = iCommandPlaneAHCPMasterArm, up = iCommandPlaneAHCPMasterSafe, name = "Master switch ARM", category = "Armament HUD Control Panel"},

-and-

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN2"}, }, down = iCommandPlaneAHCPMasterTrain, up = iCommandPlaneAHCPMasterSafe, name = "Master switch TRAIN", category = "Armament HUD Control Panel"},

The top one is for the ARM position, the lower one for the TRAIN position. Notice the UP = SAFE on both.

Hope this helps :)

Turns out, for the Desktop Aviator board, I need DP3T ON ON ON toggle switches to get that third pulse. Those switches are more expensive than the center off toggles. Its more economical to purchase the groovy game gear board for 37 bucks rather than buying 4 DP3T switches for close to 60 bucks.

At least I can use the Desktop Aviator board for another panel or a CDU.

Not sure if this issue is hardware specific, I'm not familiar with that board.

Almost all mapping of my 4 gpwiz cards is done via Helios. Once there you can bind both press and release events :

Toggle up engage - set to Arm

Toggle up disengage - set to Off

Toggle down engage - set to Train

Toggle down disengage - set to Off

Yes you can edit the LUA files as noted above as well. I did that at first but it is so much more comfortable to keep everything in Helios and any changes are breathe.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

My Groovy Game Gear GPWIZ board just came in today. Less expensive, nicer board, and the switches all worked like a charm with it. Added the up = commands in the LUA for the center off switches and am very happy with my AHCP now.