Rep - some oddities?

MadTommy

Can anyone explain the oddities of giving rep?

I wanted to give BigfootMSR some rep for his work on his training vids.. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

The opening post gave me a message saying "rep cannot be given to this post" or words to that effect.

I then tried giving rep to his post #7 on that thread.. and got the same message.

I then tried giving rep to his post #136 in the same thread and it worked. WTF!

What is going on, it seems the more deserving the post the less likely you can rep them for it. This seems the case for sticky posts.

Can this behaviour be altered? maybe its some sort of anti rep fixing feature.. but it sucks as it presently works..

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Depends on where the post in question was originally posted: some sections have repping disabled. If the post is then moved (or merged into a thread) in a section with different rules, the system does for some reason not change the "rep-ability" of that post. vBulletin system limitation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Posts over a certain age cannot be repped. I think it is about a month, perhaps less.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Posts over a certain age cannot be repped. I think it is about a month, perhaps less.

Arrr that would explain a lot. Cheers.

Odd behaviour for the system.. if it deserves rep age should not matter. At least that is what i tell the wife.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4