Ability to access control configuration in flight

mmaruda

Hi all. As the topic says, it would be nice to be able to assign buttons/axis during flight. Getting your config right takes some time and effort, especially with axis tuning and it's really time consuming with the mission load time. It would be great if you could do that during mission.

Hi all. As the topic says, it would be nice to be able to assign buttons/axis during flight. Getting your config right takes some time and effort, especially with axis tuning and it's really time consuming with the mission load time. It would be great if you could do that during mission.

+1 for that

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I must say i am deffently all for that my self. there are many of times i jump in a mission an start to fly only to find out one of my joystick buttons are not configured. but it looks like there getting there. Just today i noticed they now have a manual button when you push the ESC key in the mission.

I imagine it would be difficult. To me the menus and the simulator itself seem like two completely different programs.

From the shadows of war's past a demon of the air rises from the grave.

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"

Despite assuming that it ist two sepearate builts, I really would like to see something like we have in CLoD, where you could escape your mission, get to controls interface and after adjusting things you jump right back into your stopped game 3d engine.

I suppose you have to do a reload of controls configs and make sure that you have a consitsent point to return to.

Surely you will have to wait until 3d engine ist started again. But that a lesser problem than jumping out of mission, get to basic manue, controls and after adjusting things go back to mission.

I imagine it would be difficult. To me the menus and the simulator itself seem like two completely different programs.

They are. The reason was that before the advent of 64bit adress space, the engine including the gui already became too memory heavy to fit into 2 gigs. So it was split up in two separate executables.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• 1 month later...
They are. The reason was that before the advent of 64bit adress space, the engine including the gui already became too memory heavy to fit into 2 gigs. So it was split up in two separate executables.

So that's the reason they split up the game apps. I've been wondering that for a while.