Can't start right after install - (0xc000007b)

Kevlar

PLease Post System Specs.

Winkey+R, DXDIAG, SAVE ALL INFORMATION AS TXT FILE, Attach TXT File to your reply.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The 7b error is usually a file misplacement mashup involving a 64bit file being placed into a 32bit folder or vica-versa.

You could try obtaining and runnning a small app named Dependency Walker to identify the misplaced file

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

And you meet the minimum requirements of Win 7/8 64-bit only and 8GB of RAM?

Installed as Admin and the included MS VC and DX packages?

Install into C:\GAMES and not Program Files.

Why do you recommend installing the program to C:\GAMES? I've seen that before and wondered what it does for the sim.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Why do you recommend installing the program to C:\GAMES? I've seen that before and wondered what it does for the sim.

C:\Games\ Need admin permission to write/modify files/folders..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• 5 weeks later...

C:\ Program Files has file protection built into it, which was first introduced in Vista, then improved and carried over to Windows_7. Administrator privileges are required (mostly) to modify files contain within.

Running an app "As Administrator", places what you're running into protected space (its own separate memory space)

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

C:\ Program Files has file protection built into it, which was first introduced in Vista, then improved and carried over to Windows_7. Administrator privileges are required (mostly) to modify files contain within.
With Windows Vista, User Account Control was introduced which (by default) requires explicit elevation of your privileges to use your administrator "rights" on any kind of resource (file, registry ...) which requires administrative privileges. Without elevation, you are limited to basic user privileges, which only allow read access to the Program Files directory (in case of the default DACL), even if your user account is a member of the local Administrators security group. This is a security feature.

In Windows XP (and older) your administrator privileges are always active and hence you have write access to the Program Files directory. This also means that everything which runs in your Windows session has administrator privileges ...

Running an app "As Administrator", places what you're running into protected space (its own separate memory space)

try and install the updated VC Runtimes from the redistr folder....

@Aldega...

AtaliaA1 wrote: "Why do you recommend installing the program to C:\GAMES? I've seen that before and wondered what it does for the sim."

-

AtaliaA1 wrote: "Why do you recommend installing the program to C:\GAMES? I've seen that before and wondered what it does for the sim."
When you create a folder under C:\, it will have a different access control list than the (default) one of C:\Program Files. Specifically, you will have write access to folders created directly under C:\, even with a non-administrator account.

The only times when administrator privileges are required with DCS World is during installation/update/repair. In these cases the installer/updater will prompt for elevation of privileges, so this isn't an issue. Just click Yes (or enter administrator credentials when running as a basic user).

If you want to modify the files in the DCS World installation folder (e.g. for tweaking/modding), you can modify the access control list to give yourself write access, which would be the same as installing it under C:\Games.

Thus, running DCS World as administrator isn't required.

@Aldega...

I've often mentioned to "give the Root Folder full permissions", in other posts before... quite simply; C:\ Program Files (on Vista/ 7/ 8 ) is protected - install to a folder outside of the program files for an easier time of things

The 7b error usually comes up as something mismatched, filewise, between the 64bit and 32 bit system folder, with the culprit likely being one of those pesky msvcr (?) dll thingies. Try to obtain and run an app named Dependency Walker for further clues

Edited by Wolf Rider

-