EU: enough is enough!!!

Rhinox

If you want to buy new GFX and you are (un)lucky to live within EU, hurry up gents! Maybe your last chance to buy a high-end one...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/High-End-Graphics-Cards-Could-Die-Out-Because-of-The-EU-299338.shtml

http://www.nordichardware.com/news/71-graphics/46718-eu-cripples-future-graphics-cards-exclusive-.html

Edit: Admin pls move to "chit-chat", realised too late it might be more appropriate...

This is the directive implementation

http://www.eup-network.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Computers-Draft-Regulation-subject-to-ISC.PDF

The only thing I see is the regulation of sleep/idle/off power required by the device, based on component categories, which I see as a good thing.

And the enforcement of minimal power supply efficiency, again a good thing in my eyes.

You realized the paper is an ANALYSIS, not even a proposal for a law?

Politicians don't forbid much in general. They just spend 99% of the working time, we pay them for, to get even more money from us. This is just another approach to get the money.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The whole ecology regulations are total BS. All it does is increase unemployment, because companies who have to pay higher taxes due to CO2 emission and such simply chose to move their business outside to EU, mostly to India. The general use of power and amount of CO2 planetwide stay's the same or even increases, while people lose jobs and the economy stalls.

The EU is turning bad in many different ways (see the claim in my avatar, been there for over 18 months now). Not going to elaborate, just saying every few decades the countries on this side of the pond decide to give a collective fart only to start over after realizing the gross mistakes.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Look at the bright side, this could actually motivate OEMs to R&D in next 2 years components that use less energy, waste less energy (excess heat) but perform similarly. I do not wish to end up with 2000W power-supply in 2 years.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Look at the bright side, this could actually motivate OEMs to R&D in next 2 years components that use less energy, waste less energy (excess heat) but perform similarly.

And cost more money, and not be an improvement in performance.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Guys, there have been pretty substantial energy-saving developments when it comes to chipsets over the past 10 or so years. One reason being governmental standars like Energy Star. If they plan to regulate a specific market I am 100% sure they are talking with the major players in that market, in this case Nvidia and AMD. Really doubt it would have any effect at all on the market availability of high-end cards, if you think that you are going a bit too far IMHO.

Edit: Since I see some of the commentators above is not EU-citizens, I am just going to add this: News like this surface probably once every year. The format is that the EU is going to enforce draconius rules on poor defenseless citizens, always something very specific and micromanage-y. Always turns out that that wasnt the case and some newsoutlets either didnt understand the proposals or how the system works. Just my 2-cents.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Thank God for being in ME... No *ay directives.. Nothing... Just f*cking money!!!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

The whole ecology regulations are total BS. All it does is increase unemployment, because companies who have to pay higher taxes due to CO2 emission and such simply chose to move their business outside to EU, mostly to India. The general use of power and amount of CO2 planetwide stay's the same or even increases, while people lose jobs and the economy stalls.

lol if companies are moving to 3rd world countries it's simply because everybody wants everything cheaper while earning more money.

It's not the government faults, it's not the companies faults, it's OUR fault, us, the consumers.

If you don't like that :

a. Buy expensive "made in EU" stuff

b. Accept to work 12hours a day, 6 days a week for 0.50€ per hour

c. Create a political party promoting point b

Edited by Eight Ball

Personally I don't care much about the posted news, so I won't comment on it. But on a side note it would be a win if the power consumption of certain hardware would be reduced.

Let's face it: CPUs and GPUs are fast enough for most people and applications nowadays, it would be nice if hardware developers could concentrate on reducing power consumption for a change.

Basically it could be another route to the taxation of entertainment, the entertainment which can burn a lot of energy with the increase of technology and gaming. 300W card + CPU + everything else = 1kw heater + the lighting + the actual heating = electricity prices go up but a CPU doesn’t ring a bell to the old pensioners or those in need of warmth.

No laws will discriminate the age but the tax will find its route.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.