Flyable F-16 FC2 Mod on a China Server

The server I saw the flyable F-16 as a selectable choice was on username: "maomao" 's server.

He also had other modded aircraft as the French Mirage and a big Russian jet with one of the FC2 fighter cockpits as the controlling cockpit.

Where do I find these modded installations?

Specifically, where do I find the flyable F-16 mod for FC2?

Thanks for any help or website to go fetch it.

You need to modify files before you can do that. Specifically go to:

C:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

And copy the su-25T folder and then name it after the aircraft you want to fly. The name needs to match the name of the aircraft. Not all planes are flyable with this method. There are a couple of threads that list some of the flyable planes.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I have Moa's Stallturn Mod for FC2 increasing the inventory of the F-14 with the F15 cockpit and the F-18 with the Mig 29 cockpit. Still fun, though especially landing them on his aircraft carriers.

I also have FSX, so I went to VNAO's FSX side of their forum and purchased the Superbug and added all the mods they recommended for them.

I am aware of the 3rd party FSX add-ons and the Orbiter sim and their mods.

Within all the sim communities are guys that spend most of their free time building and modding, but most all the guys to this forum must know this.

Do the guys here that mod also access the other sims' modders to pick brains? The programming language may not be the same but I bet some of the techniques are.

I have always felt the SubLogic flight sim that I think pre-dated Microsoft's Flight Simulator and maybe the Microprose sims were backward engineered just to see how the techniques are done, then instead of stealing the language create a new one---but I am just guessing.

The guy that created the Aces High WWII combat flight sim, worked for I think it was Warbirds, took the idea, expanded on it, went to the bank for a loan and created his own without violating copyright law. And, yet, he frowns on any code modification and considers it cheating. Go figure.

I saw the other flight models via maomao's server and said to myself, I gotta' get these.

Edited by ErichVon

that's the ADA Mod for the mirage, i don't know about the F-16 though, you can get info here

http://www.ada-mod.org/adamod/?q=node/35

Thank you.

I just found out about the ADA V2 mod. But I have not done the mod, yet.

Google will probably find it for me or I will try and find the user maomao's e-mail address and ask him/her. I did a search for that username to the English speaking forums with no-such-user-exists. A lot of times, the Google search engine is better than LockOn/DCS but it still will bring me back to these forums. It just takes time digging for it. It is much easier to initially just ask.

Edited by ErichVon

Little-Dog did a mod called EFA (Extra Flyable Aircraft). All aircraft are flyable with this mod, but use one of the existing cockpits. eg, F-16C, A-10A, MiG-29A/C/G, Su-27/33 etc.

See:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52783

That is a pretty cool mod---thank you. Now to figure it out! I think this just might be what I am looking for. Guess I will get another FC2 copy and see if I can use my PC as server.

I have your Stallturn server mod. I did yours wrong initially and uninstalled it and reworked it until I got it running correctly on your server. I love your server setup. My only gripe is, somebody or AI cruise missles keep killing the BlueFor CV in the Kordi Gorge 5 mission. I love that mission. Maybe reset it after 24 hours? And yours is Black Shark, 104th Phoenix mod friendly.

I did not get what "Blue For" and "Red For" meant as to the mission brief. I watched on TV, couple nights ago, "The Dirty Dozen", had not seen it in years. Their graduation exercise in simulated combat was, "Blue Force" versus "Red Force". I got it!

(I only tinker at the programming, similar to editing CNC programs for CNC lathes and mills. Editing is necessary on the job. I did my own setups, ran the jobs. I never learned programming from scratch. Editing the NC machine shop 1970's era was a lot harder and that was punch tape almost identical to stock market ticker tape machines utilizing a single photoelectric eye. It actually was the same ticker tape code used. Fun times when it would see a dust particle and think it was code. The early CNC lathes had a punch tape as a backup until industry created big enough memory chips. In between was cassette tape. I remember a wire EDM machine we used in the die shop I worked, mid-1980's, to run and store coded moves. Then the terrible day my boss realized he lost most of his programmed cassette tapes by storing them near a magnetic source he forgot was there and all that had to be redone. LOL! At least it wasn't my fault---I hate being chewed out :lol: )

Maybe you guys will get me interested in serious modding, yet.

Take care Moa.

Edited by ErichVon

You need to modify files before you can do that. Specifically go to:

C:\Users\NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input

And copy the su-25T folder and then name it after the aircraft you want to fly. The name needs to match the name of the aircraft. Not all planes are flyable with this method. There are a couple of threads that list some of the flyable planes.

I just did that a few days ago. Emmer showed me how:

The ADA example is Emmer's. It is on my to do list. I was interested in doing Moa's mod.

My post:

======

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95216

If you're planning installing the ADA MOD , please make another copy of your original directory again.

Change the name of it;install the ADA MOD through Modman etc. etc.

This way you can make as many multiple installs as you can.

If you install it without a new copy of your original dir it might have some influence for the other MOD ('s) you have installed before.

Hope this helps..........:thumbup:

Edited by Emmer

If you're planning installing the ADA MOD , please make another copy of your original directory again.

Change the name of it;install the ADA MOD through Modman etc. etc.

This way you can make as many multiple installs as you can.

If you install it without a new copy of your original dir it might have some influence for the other MOD ('s) you have installed before.

Hope this helps..........:thumbup:

Hi Emmer,

Yeah! I made a user copy of the primary backup download installation, step by step as you suggested. When I got to Modman I hit a brick wall. Then I realized I did not need to use Modman to just copy the FC2 installation:doh:

Little-Dog did a mod called EFA (Extra Flyable Aircraft). All aircraft are flyable with this mod, but use one of the existing cockpits. eg, F-16C, A-10A, MiG-29A/C/G, Su-27/33 etc.

See:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52783

Ok, I have it working in its own directory and it will load ok to the Stallturn server of the available aircraft listed in a mission. But the F-14 is somewhat transparent as to an outside view. Like the 104th Phoenix mod, that also will load ok to the Stallturn server.

I will try to find servers that use this mod. I know one server out of China uses it, but it is not always up. I do not remember its name.

I need to learn how to fly the various aircraft and create missions in the FC2 mission editor at least in Single Player. There must be a better how-to tutorial than the GUI Manual for dummies like me.

Thanks for the link Moa.