Do Mark Points track Moving Vehicles

LtMacGowan

When I'm looking in my targeting pod and get a point lock on a target. It follows it but when I create a mark point for that. Does it follow the moving target or the ground where the target was?

If this is correct and mark points are fixed, how can I track multiple moving targets

To my understanding mark points dont move. If I have a line of moving targets I take one out so they stop then its sitting ducks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

how can I track multiple moving targets

make your mark point near a group and remember which way it was moving. or make your mark point in front of the group where it will be next time you need it. or just remember where you left them.

The A-10 is unable to track multiple non-fixed targets because it only has one sensor which can track a designated target: the TGP. Since the TGP is an optical device, and can only track the target designated in the tracking gate, you only get to track one target at a time.

Now, in theory, the A-10 could be programmed to hand off target info from the TGP to a Mav seeker. If the target computer were set up this way, you could track as many targets as you had Mavs, so long as the Mav was able to lock in on the target correctly.

This would actually be a very awesome feature: use TGP to hand off targets to three or four or even six Mavs, then chain them all off in a short ripple and get all rounds on target before the target can react to the incoming. Kinda like what the Tomcat used to be able to do with AIM-64.

Mark point do not move. They are a fixed point defined by coordinates.

What you can do is create several markpoints or offset points to define a 'killbox' in which you are sure your targets are moving around in.

The spotting and tracking still needs to be done manually.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

how can I track multiple moving targets

Easy, track convoy's :music_whistling:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down