More visible SAM launch

falcon_120

I would like more visible SAM launch specially in older SAM like SA6 or the big ones like

the SA10.Everybody here has seen footage of SAM launches and how a quite noticeable flash

can be seen from quite far away,as well as a dense smoke from the missile.

Right now It seems to me that these kind of launches are not so visible,specially the smoke

that goes away to soon.Don't know what you think about this.

Maybe its possible to use the current smoke screen effect, other ground forces are using to simulate the smoke from the launcher. I guess someone with some modding skills could easy pull it off and also increase the flash. But ED should really implement this as standard!!! It is vital for chosing the correct evasive manouvers! And it would make players use their mk 1 eyeball more in hot areas.

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

You are wanting to see something like this?

I wouldn't have thought SAMs were that visible as you are flying around... I don't think they are designed with being visible in mind :)

But agree, they do leave a nice trail behind:

Edited by dynamocl

S-300s create enormous amounts of smoke when launched in the game. Surely that's enough. And things like MLRS systems have extremely exaggerated flashes at range.

Maybe these FX don't always display properly, but they themselves are quite adequate.

Seems like the S-300 systems are rather spot on.

This is the S-400 and it makes the same pow wow smoke as the 300

I have spotted missile launches from WELL over 40 miles away on the SA-10 and SA-11 sites.

Now Strelas on the other hand... Dirty little buggers leave no trail from launch. They often go unnoticed in DCS...