How to use the various aiming reticles ?

fjacobsen

I have tried to figure out how to use the aiming reticles of the Abrams and the Multi rocket launcher.

How do I use the range marks on the Abrams ?

I see some measuring stuff on the upper part.

Using the Multi rocket launcher, I measured the distance from my MRLS to my intended target. I found it to be 14 km and at 169°.

I rotated the launcher to point at 169° and raised the launcher to the 14000 mark and then fired, but the rockets fell way short of the target, maybe only reaching 2/3 of the distance.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• 1 year later...

In the case of T-90

A target lock can be used by Enter key.

Bring near cross hairs by a target.

A manual is somewhat unkind.

CPU:Core i7-2700K 4.8GHz

Mother Board:Asrock Z77Extreme6

Memory:G.SKILL DDR3-2133 16GB

Graphic Card:AMD HD7970 1125/1575MHz

Display:Eyefinity / Square x3

I rotated the launcher to point at 169° and raised the launcher to the 14000 mark and then fired, but the rockets fell way short of the target, maybe only reaching 2/3 of the distance.

i could think of two causes for this.

The first, and most likely, is that you were firing up hill. if your target elevation is higher than your own, you must aim higher to compensate.

The second could be a units conflict. I don't know what units the US equipment marks range in, but if it uses US units instead of Metric...