Tracked vehicles cannot turn at high speed

martin.hedin

DCS:CA 1.2.1

In the new version the tracked vehicles can turn around their own z axis. However it seems that this can be done also at high speeds.

So if you turn, with two taps on A or D (left or right) the vehicle starts turning to 90-180 degrees and you come to a halt. So it is basically impossible to turn at high speeds. You have to tap once (A or D) then wait until the vehicle goes straight again and then tap again.

The turning of tracked vehicles in 1.2.0 was very good, at high speeds you turned more slowly, and you could keep the button pressed, pretty realistic to me and I was driving a MTLB for ten months in the army.

DCS:CA 1.2.1

In the new version the tracked vehicles can turn around their own z axis. However it seems that this can be done also at high speeds.

So if you turn, with two taps on A or D (left or right) the vehicle starts turning to 90-180 degrees and you come to a halt. So it is basically impossible to turn at high speeds. You have to tap once (A or D) then wait until the vehicle goes straight again and then tap again.

The turning of tracked vehicles in 1.2.0 was very good, at high speeds you turned more slowly, and you could keep the button pressed, pretty realistic to me and I was driving a MTLB for ten months in the army.

I have to say..this is very annoying...:mad: I thought they said they fixed turning in tanks for CA! It has got to a point you can't do much with it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could use Axis controls with big curves on, that is what I am doing with my peddles.

See this thread for details:

Ground unit axis controls http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95452

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

It is kinda weird, but just from a game design perspective I like it as a trade-off mechanic, in that you have to slow down for anything but a tiny course correction if you're really zooming. I couldn't tell you if it's more realistic or not, but it seems "right" that you can't just carelessly zigzag around at top speed in a huge armored tank as if it were a gokart.

Plus I flipped a Vulcan AAA and it was crazy awesome. Got it going up to about 80mph and turned hard, and it flipped over sideways, rolled over, and landed back on its treads, ready to go.

There are already buses we can line up in the ME, someone should get to work on an Evel Knievel skin...

Edited by Frogisis

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

you should keep in mind that pushing "a" on the keyboard is always the hardest turn possible. If you do the same in Armed Assault, the Tank will spin and come to a stop as well.

It's like suddenly stopping the left track at 60km/h....

If you spin your car's steering wheel fully to the right at 60km/h it will most likely flip :megalol: