DCS Community Mod Development (CMD)

Gecko6

DCS Community Mod Development (CMD)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Community Mod Development (CMD)

• Open participation - Team Speak
    • Preregistration participation only - Team Speak
    • Open participation - VTC solution
    • Preregistration participation only - VTC solution
    • Open participation - Project Management software
    • Preregistration participation only - Project Management Software

This is a planning thread for the upcoming planning session.

Three questions need to be answered before I can proceed, so please answer the poll and i will announce the time and specifics of the meeting.

How should this meeting be conducted?

When should this meeting be conducted?

Closed session or open?

UPDATE: It is looking like preregistration is the preferred way to go.

So if you wish to join send me a pm with your preferred Email, and list the area that you want to work in.

Role - Job Code

• 3d Modeling - Mod
  • LUA Scripting - Script
  • Systems Programming - Coding
  • Flight Model Development - FM
  • Texture Artist - Tex

You will be asked to log into the meeting with the job code as a suffix to your name.

For example: "Raptor - FM"

Once your info has been received, you will receive and email with agenda, log-on details, Conference date and timing.

Testers and or researchers should hold off till we have some concrete processes in place.

The agenda and any type of log either audio or text will be made available.

Edited by Gecko6
Updating information

Through text Chat, w/ LOGS.

The time that can accommodate the most people.

Closed/Invite.

Save LOGs for Users that are interested but were unable to make it to chat session.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,

X470 Taichi Ultimate, R7970 Lightning @ 1.2 / 6 GHz Memory

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

well TS3 does have a "RECORD" feature too, or you can simply have a App record the TS3 Application Channel in Windows 7 or "What U Hear" in Win XP.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,

X470 Taichi Ultimate, R7970 Lightning @ 1.2 / 6 GHz Memory

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Nice, looking forward to the get together...

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

So far i am not that impressed. I have set up a private project Management site that has much more customization capabilities to fit our needs.

Right is not impressiv in terms of customization, its pure functional and durable. Made for a long project live, independent from private persons ;-).

Again this will be part of the agenda for the first discussion.

Okay okay, back to the drawing board, lets define some criteria for a project site...

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Flanker driver since 1996

Google project hosting is an excellent platform. You also get free GIT/SVN/Mercurial repository with pretty much 100% uptime and future availability. However, besides CTR, I haven't really saw anyone even mention the fact that this is indeed supposed and planned to be an open source venture :)

You are correct.

This is one of the key things we need to discuss as a team. Our framework release methodology.

Google project hosting is an excellent platform. You also get free GIT/SVN/Mercurial repository with pretty much 100% uptime and future availability. However, besides CTR, I haven't really saw anyone even mention the fact that this is indeed supposed and planned to be an open source venture :)

I think having a open code source place is good. I've been trying to expand my knowledge in the modding area and as such have been using the Wudnerluft example and trying to modify it to another aircraft of my choosing. While I've made some great success last night, it's far from perfect. It would be great to have other people help out so we can all learn the basics of creating a new aircraft.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester