How to Change Cockpit View when using TrackIR

lennycutler

The controls for cockpit view to lower the pilots view (eye position) is Rshift plus R-control Plus Num 2. I have TrackIR.

When I try to lower my cockpit viewpoint to better see the aiming recticle, I suspend trackIR then use the R-Ctrl, R-Shift, Num 2 key combination. I observe my eyepoint being lowered. Then I try to save this new position by using R-Alt Num 0, which should save this view for future missions etc.

But when I re-engage TrackIR, my cockpit eye viewpoint reverts to the original default setting.

How can I change the cockpit view so that it is not reverting back to the default?

I could not find an answer to this issue in prior posts.

Velocity MicroI7-4790 Windows 7 Home Premium 16Gigs RAM EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1070 500GB SSD TM Hotas Warthog

You can edit the snapviewdefault.lua and change the position around. I have not done it myself. A search in the A-10C forum will reveal several similiar threads. Pretty sure the P51 has the same lua file.

I am not quite sure why you need to adjust it though. Is your computer chair not adjustable? After you center the TRACKIR, just lower or raise your sitting position. I can move my position around just enough to get the position that I am comfortable with. That may not solve your issue, just a suggestion. Cheers.

Edited by mjolner