DCS A10C Saitek Pro Rudder to Toe Brakes

After the last patch of course it reset my key bindings etc.

Please advise correct settings for toe brakes. Cannot seem to nail it down.

Cheers.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Well I'm a little muddled but this is what I currently have which doesnt work (no response from the toe brakes).

Thanks for any input!

Screen_121018_165523.jpg

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

What aircraft are you using that with, I found with the A-10C it detected my brakes but before hand I still had to go through and delete all previous assignments because it was assigning buttons to axis. Then I went and did the rudder 1st then each brake axis. I have not done it for the SU25T yet because it does not yet have those options.:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys.

So: I have a JOY_X and a JOY_Y.

JOY_X saturation x should be 100 and y 0

JOY_Y saturation x should be 0 and y 100

?

Just double click right toe brake in the saitek pedal column in the control window, and when the assignment windows pops up just press the pedal you want to assign.

Once done, click the invert axis option and then click ok. Then repeat for the left toe brake axis. Job done. Don't worry about saturation or anything else, you'll only confused yourself. ;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Thanks guys.

So: I have a JOY_X and a JOY_Y.

JOY_X saturation x should be 100 and y 0

JOY_Y saturation x should be 0 and y 100

No, all values should be 100.

JOY_X saturation x should be 100 and y 100

JOY_Y saturation x should be 100 and y 100

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

?

Please have a read In this very secret document (many thanks to cichlidfan for leaking this highly classified info and sharing it with others!)- it will may shed some light on these cryptic things and maybe become also handy for the future.

Controller Setting info from GUI manual

Page 24 (Hey !- and it also got pictures in it!):

Deadzone. Allows you to create a “dead zone” in the center of the curve. Depending on the accuracy of your joystick, you may wish to setup a deadzone value of 5-10. This will help avoid problems when trimming the aircraft due to calibration problems. Move the slider to the right to increase the deadzone and move to the left to decrease it. The actual numeric value is displayed to the right of the slider.

Saturation. These sliders for both X and Y allow you to adjust the total axis travel in X and Y and will be converted to control input. For example, if you want the entire axis throw of a joystick to be used as input, you would set the X and Y limits to the corners of the window (saturation levels of 100). If however you wanted to reduce the possible input throw of a joystick by 50%, you would set the X and Y saturation levels to 50.

Curvature. Moving this slider to the right and left increases and decreases the non-linearity of the axis curve. You can use this curve to adjust how sensitive (or insensitive) the axis is. It is common to have a shallow curve near the deadzone to increase the accuracy of fine control input. The actual numeric value is displayed to the right of the slider.

Slider. Allows you to set the axis in regards to a slider and not a default curve that will return to center when there is no input being generated from the device. For example, you may wish to use the Slider function for the throttle axis but the standard curve axis for a control stick.

Invert. The Invert radio button will swap the axis of the device.

User Curve. Rather than use the Curvature slider, you may select the User Curve radio button and display 11 vertical scales that allow you to adjust input device responses. These range for 0% input on the left side of the scale to 100% input on the right side of the scale.

Edited by PeterP

Well played Peter, but that does not say what EXACTLY the settings should be for saitek rudders.

None-the-less, I think I have it and will advise.

Yes you are right. It dosn't really feed you by a spoon...and doesn't say exactly the right setting.

Hmm.. - let's try to find it out by using the given info:

Saitek rudders have three axis...

One that is mostly in the middle - so it is obvious a equivalent to a "standard curve axis for a control stick"

And the both tow brakes are most of the time at one end of the range. - so It is obviously working as a "Slider" like a throttle input...

Slider. Allows you to set the axis in regards to a slider and not a default curve that will return to center when there is no input being generated from the device. For example, you may wish to use the Slider function for the throttle axis but the standard curve axis for a control stick.
... and when in the Sim, and we discover by using the control indicator [RCtrl+Enter] that we are always using full-brakes - even when the toe-brakes are not pressed .

We use this Bit of info and use it to our advantage:

Invert. The Invert radio button will swap the axis of the device.

Now it should be easy-peasy to find out how to make the right settings.

BTW : I highly recommend to use a curve of 20-30 for the rudders of the A-10.

They are otherwise way too sensitive on ground while taxiing.

Edited by PeterP

Mower,

Just for you.

(But I think it will come handy to show it others too)

This is how I set-up my Saitek rudder:

I set the Deadzones also at the Toe-brakes So there is no input when they snap not back to absolute zero.

And I add also some at the upper end , so I don't have to press with 100% strength to get them to send 100%. - just a security measure to not overstress them by daily use.

Edited by PeterP
  • Like 1

After you have assigned your toe brakes using axis assign (pressing each toe brake in turn rather than selecting joyx or whatever from the dropdown list) then click on axis tune and depress the relevant toe brake. You should see movement. If you do not then you need to go into windows game controllers settings and check they work there. If not you have a driver or hardware problem I'd say.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Hmm, no luck.

Thing is I had them working before I updated to DCS World.

Love the sim, hate the controller setup.

Here's what's happening:

In the sim controller indicator the toes brakes are sticking half engaged, but in the Saitek controller tester they are not.

Deadzones are zero, X and Y saturation 100, no curves, inverted, slider.

toes.jpg

Edited by Mower

Delete the input file and restart sim. Reset pedals then should be good to go.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry will give actual file name when I get home. Typing from iPhone now and you have to make sure you delete the input file in the dcs world directory.

• Like 1

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]