DCS A10C Saitek Pro Rudder to Toe Brakes

Copy, will wait on that file name, I see several in the ...C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts...folder.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

ok home from work.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\joystick delete the default and restart sim. then you will have to reset the controls like fresh install... but that is what worked for me when i updated the last time.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sorry open the joystick folder and delete the default.lua

then restart sim

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the last update caused me the same problem with the toe brakes and that is what fixed it for me.

if you do not see the WEP power in the keyboard layout delete the default.lua in the keyboard folder and restart sim and it will be there. that is for the p51

=RvE=Atomic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How sure are you about the file names? I deleted it and the former axis setup is still there...

Also confusing is that after installing DCSW I have 2 folders for this: the original A10C and now DCSW.

Edited by Mower

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

What the...?...

NEVER delete the default files in your installation directory!!

- there is anyway no info about your current used inputs stored.

You will have to run a repair when you don't have have a backup.

Instead:

Delete the file that is named *Saitek*.lua in your C:\Users\>user name<\Saved Games\DCS\Config\input\... <that's the path where your configuration is stored.

When there are other files that are leftovers from a previous version you should completely wipe this folder and start assigning them again from scratch, as there have been changes between version changes that can make "funny things" when used with a legacy controller lua .

...and please read this sticky:TROUBLESHOOTING - Help us helping you.

Common Controller or Input issues

If you experience problems, there are some simple tests you can do to figure out where the problem is.

To differenciate where the problem is and what to really fix, you can try all of the following methods;

• Rename or Remove the DCS CONFIG Input files (and keep them for later if they aren't broken).
  • Remember to check the basics; Control Panel / Devices and Printers / Calibration.
  • Unplug everything but your keyboard & mouse.
  • Do not use special controller-software; Unload it.
  • If you have a very special mouse or keyboard, perhaps you could borrow another device and try again.

At any stage where you change the devices during troubleshoot; Rename the \Config\Input folder - this will reset inputs to DCS-defaults.

Now there's a good chance you may see a difference - and you may be able to nail the cause.

Controller Issues

PeterP has an excellent Guide to tune your DirectX calibration settings.

TrackIR not working

After the patch you may find your TrackIR is not working.

• If it's been a long time since you updated the TrackIR software you may have to do this first.
  • If you have one of the latest version, all you need to do is update the Game List.

Edited by PeterP

Sorry mower if my advise did not work. Hopefully with your fresh install you get it working. If it don't work I would suggest sticking with what Peter said.

=RvE=Atomic

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No go.

The toe brakes axis stick open. They do not in FBMS or FSX not in the DX axis checker.

I give up...who needs toe brakes.

Thanks all.

Mower,

Never noticed it until I read this thread, my brakes were also sticking. Heres what fixed them for me. I'd recommend reading the entire thread to make sure thats what your experiencing and then see post #27 for the fix. This fix is also mentioned in the A-10C FAQ's.

It fixed the sticking brakes for me:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=62025

The toe brake and other axes sticking in a known, although very difficult to accurately pin down, issue.

It seems that Saitek pedals are very prone to sticking in DCS, although any hardware can have the issue based on my tests, and the brake axis is especially prone to this as it's resting position is at the end of an axis range rather than in the middle (as with a stick). If your brake axis sticks, just move the axis a little bit and they should unstick.

It seems (to me at least) to be something to do with lower USB reporting frequency of some hardware and the rate at which DCS reads axis positions. But it is as far as I'm concerned most definitely a DCS problem.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Mower,

Never noticed it until I read this thread, my brakes were also sticking. Heres what fixed them for me. I'd recommend reading the entire thread to make sure thats what your experiencing and then see post #27 for the fix. This fix is also mentioned in the A-10C FAQ's.

It fixed the sticking brakes for me:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=62025

Post #27 resolved the issue.

Thanks to all who replied.

Great community we have here.

:thumbup:

. But it is as far as I'm concerned most definitely a DCS problem.

What does ED think?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: