ACTIVATE DEACTIVATE rerun Question

• ED Team

Hi all,

Had a search but could not find the answer

I wanted to ask if it is possible to ACTIVATE A UNIT have it perform a task and then DEACTIVATE, but then Be able to activate the same unit again at a later time to run the same scenario ?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No, deactivate erases a group from existence.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

• ED Team

Thanks for the reply Speed,

I wanted to have scenes running for various airports and farps, but I wanted to take them out to save on process power while they were not being used and reactivate when needed again.

I assume its a case of using the AI off and on to get it to work.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yeah using AI on / off in combination with AI tasks might work for you.

(AI tasks can be reused without limit.)

I often use AI on/off attached to a proximity zone trigger to activate 'fluff' to make missions look busy for the player. Player leaves.. fluff stops, player returns 'fluff' starts again.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

You can also use Hold!!!

You have only to add it into AI TASK (You can find it in *TRIGGERED ACTIONS* Unit/Group Menu the Button at the Right of Waypoints)

So as an Example for a Blue ConvoyX

Once!!!>>PART OF GROUP IN ZONE: City>>>AI TASK: HOLD GroupX

++for Deactivation

For Activation

Once!!!>>ALL OF COALITION OUT OF ZONE: City :Coalition RED >>>

GROUP RESUME:ConvoyX

!!!Units and Group on HOLD can Fire Back and Protect themself. Units and Groups on AI OFF will not.!!!!

Edited by Isegrim

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

• ED Team

Thanks for the ideas guys,

It would be nice to be able to reactivate deactivated units, this would save a lot of process power for the server host on large mission's

Hold and AI Off will do similar things, the only difference is with Hold the AI are still "alive" and capable of engaging threats. I have not tested the use of either on a massive scale to see if there is any performance impact from using one over the other. I would guess though that AI Off helps a little bit more than Hold... but not by much.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

FYI:

On a quick test i did some months ago.. if a unit's AI was off before it was detected, the unit would not be attacked. If the unit was detected and then its AI was turned off it was attacked.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

MadTommy, I really like your idea of 'fluff', it is very close to the principle of the 'bubble' in good ol F4, and it was there for the same CPU saving reason!.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D