Old Sim Renewed Effects

REL

So is this a mod or a patch by Daedalos team?

Is is available yet? If so where?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

AFAIK IL-2 has an actual fully-featured particle effects engine. ED's sims do not, incredibly.

I don't know what they are doing but that smoke did look excellent.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Those are indeed some awesome special fx. No fps impact either at all. I think the DCS effects engine requires a major re-write.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

It's not only particles. It's the work put into perfecting the animations.* This video shows perfectly how vast majority of 3D animation guys are stuck in early 2000's. Whenever we see some stills form upcoming games we're in awe. Once we see it in action (a video) it's 'Aaaahh, same ole sh$%^&!'.

*I dare to say that some sort of 'motion capture' may have been involved i.e. they could have used videos of actual explosions to trace propagation-time characteristics. They're probably not animators. Animators seem to be pleased with whatever farts they come up with.

impressive and immersive!

Wait, ... Wikipedia,... those effects in a 2001 engine (release of vanilla Il-2) => ouch! :speechless:

(2007 for 1946)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

It's not only particles. It's the work put into perfecting the animations.* This video shows perfectly how vast majority of 3D animation guys are stuck in early 2000's. Whenever we see some stills form upcoming games we're in awe. Once we see it in action (a video) it's 'Aaaahh, same ole sh$%^&!'.

*I dare to say that some sort of 'motion capture' may have been involved i.e. they could have used videos of actual explosions to trace propagation-time characteristics. They're probably not animators. Animators seem to be pleased with whatever farts they come up with.

Most particle effects, including these, aren't animated at all. They're just a bunch of transparent images ('sprites'), which according to code are ejected , sprayed or drifted around in 3D space to give the illusion of a volumetric effect. It's a simple but effective technique which has been in use for decades now.

ED's particle effects are a real mixed bag. Some of the more recent effects show signs that there is indeed a workable particle effects engine in DCS... it just hasn't been used with much artistic flair yet. And some effects, such the fire and smoke from burning vehicles, actually do use animated particles, where the sprites themselves have dynamic textures. This is pretty advanced stuff, and it's a shame that this capability hasn't been used more.

I'm a bit disappointed that the cylindrical fire object is still in use when great-looking fire already exists elsewhere in the sim.

I'm sure the reason DCS particle systems are the way they are because of the detailed models and the size of the DCS world.

Particle effects have a pretty good size draw call on the system, so if there are a lot of them at once it will choke your system. If they are highly detailed effects you can imagine what that will do. They're at a happy medium now.

Its how the particle effect artist does it, some are better then others.

Besides 3D particle effects, or fluid effects....video game particle systems all use sprites....there is no way a video game would be able to use a 3d paticle system..........it would crash the engine.

Its how you do it...animating the size of the sprites and transparency/alpha channel.

If you want peace, prepare for war....

America's Armor

Dev Notes

AARM on Facebook

Help Fund AARM

I dont get it nowhere in any of the videos can you see what the mod is called or if it even is released in what form so ever

Hello all, in order to avoid any misunderstanding or discussions gone wrong, DT is currently cooperating with the author of the above shown effects. We are trying to support him on programming levels to enhance the effects even further. We will communicate it in our development update when it is ready. So yes, DT plans to enhance the visual effects in the future.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32387&page=3

Man! I can almost imagine the A-10 shooting those tanks with those special effects...so smooth and so volumous :p ....dang...that would be the next generation update in graphics for DCS.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Man! I can almost imagine the A-10 shooting those tanks with those special effects...so smooth and so volumous :p ....dang...that would be the next generation update in graphics for DCS.

Unfortunately, it would probably be easier to put the A-10 into IL-2. :noexpression:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: