Who is currently building/making panels?

0utLAW

I was looking at pitblr's panels and was wonder if anyone else is producing similar panels?

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

I intend(ed?) to but things come and go, time devoted to other things etc.

Part of the problem for me has been getting the time to do the electronics. I have been using arm cortex chips, doing the development for that in C, then there is the work that needs to be done on the pc to interface everything, then the sim integration.

It's not hard but time consuming to do the whole lot. I will probably have a think about how I do it and maybe not design my own boards but use COTS breakout boards instead. That will save in one area.

I wasnt too keen on making them with SIOC boards and the only other electronics project that I saw potential in was with the EOS that Gadroc was doing with helios. I would be happy to make electronics based on the EOS protocol and have helios be the glue. Gadroc seems swamped as we all get at times so that has not moved on.

Making the panels is fairly straight forward. Supplying them with knobs, buttons but no interface is easy but I would rather have a complete solution.

I'm really only interested in the panel face plates. I can provide 1/8" plexi for the mounting of the switches and I will be using the Grooving Game Gear GP-Wiz40 and Helios to do my assignments. I just want the panels that are made with white translucent acrylic that is laser engraved and painted ready for back lighting with leds. Just like pitbldr's economy level panels;

attachment.php?attachmentid=47140&d=1296415851

i7-8700k 3.70mhz|64GB DDR4 G.SKILL Ripjaw V 3200|ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 8G GDDR6|AsRockZ390 Extreme4|2 Samsung 870QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860 QVO 1TB, 1 Samsung 860EVO 500GB|Corsair 750D|Corsair H-100i|Corsair AX750|LG 34GN850-B|Acer UT241Y|TM Cougar MFDs| Buddyfox UFC|TM Warthog HOTAS(Modified Spring/Slew Control Stick, Upgraded PCB, Stick Extension)|Saitek Combat Pedals|Corsair Nightsword|Corsair K70|TrackIR5|Custom A-10C Panels|

I order custom designed panels to this store. They sell mostly civil aviation stuff and some Viper panels, but they also work with custom designs. You just have to send them your file, calculate the price and pay. I sent them my files before paying just to be sure they were OK. Here is the result:

gallery_4853_414_1292793.jpg

This is a custom designed panel for my generic cockpit: 3mm plexiglass ready to be backlit.

And how did/will you back light? I'm looking at using Reactorone's panel pdf's.

http://hogpits.net/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=13&view=viewcategory&catid=4

Good thought, I have a lot of that led strip which I was going to use as flood lighting in my pit.

The scratching is a reason why I didnt want to paint panels and in stead use a product called lasermax which has a factory applied finish that wont scratch off. You set the laser to just go through that layer leaving the white below it.

Good thought, I have a lot of that led strip which I was going to use as flood lighting in my pit.

The scratching is a reason why I didnt want to paint panels and in stead use a product called lasermax which has a factory applied finish that wont scratch off. You set the laser to just go through that layer leaving the white below it.

That is the professional solution. I will use a paintbrush to fix the scratches. With the room lights off and the panels backlit I will hardly see the difference :thumbup:

Material

I order custom designed panels to this store. They sell mostly civil aviation stuff and some Viper panels, but they also work with custom designs. You just have to send them your file, calculate the price and pay. I sent them my files before paying just to be sure they were OK. Here is the result:

gallery_4853_414_1292793.jpg

This is a custom designed panel for my generic cockpit: 3mm plexiglass ready to be backlit.

What material / process are they using to print these panels?.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i'm exploring my options as far as laser engravers. this guy is close enough for local pickup:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120999183879?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

i know, it is the cheap Chinese one. but on paper (and others review) it is said to be doing its job after several tweaks, and it is upgradable. any of CNC engraver owners use that? is the premium for Epilog devises and such really justified?

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I think Gadroc has one like that. If you check back in his thread I am sure he talked about it a little bit and some things he needed to do. I believe he might have changed the electronics in it so that he could use software that wasnt useless.

It would be a huge step up from one of those to an epilog or universal. Both in cost and quality. If you were to ever contemplate that kind of $$ for a hobby then I would suggest a much better chinese machine that will get you quality but without the pricetag.

Not all chinese lasers are bad, far from it and a lot are excellent but you are looking at the bottom of the chinese ones and they are as bad as the bottom of any brand.

To give you an idea, I got this one http://www.wklaser.com/product/11_200.html with a 1500x1200mm bed (59x47") great quality, good software and big.

Also there is this one which is around $1800usd. A lot more than the ebay version, a lot less than the epilog. Also a lot better quality and larger than the ebay one.

http://www.wklaser.com/product/11_186.html

Just to show that there is something between these ones and the epilogs.

OK sixth image down, what is that lighting solution? Me like

http://www.gaugeplates.com/custom.php

• 1 month later...