I Need Help!!!

Ammathos

:helpsmilie:Ok, so you know how DCS world had an update, I went to install the next update but then i got this "insert disk 1" stuff. long story short I went from post to post, looking at the wiki and all that, i renamed the files, reinstalled the files 5 times :mad: and it was still not working. Then as I was about to give up, I looked and it turned out that the .bin files were opening with an emulator that I had a while back. so now I would like to know what the .bin files SHOULD be opening with, as I think that will help my problem that I have.:helpsmilie:

Also, I went and got rid of the emulator and reinstalled the files and they still wanted to open with the emulator. :doh: (total download time of over 25 hours, a new record for me)

Edited by Ammathos

The .bin files should not be opening except by the .exe file that you downloaded.

Download the 3 .bin files for world and the .exe file, put them into their own folder and then run the .exe It should work.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

:helpsmilie:Ok, so you know how DCS world had an update, I went to install the next update but then i got this "insert disk 1" stuff. long story short I went from post to post, looking at the wiki and all that, i renamed the files, reinstalled the files 5 times :mad: and it was still not working. Then as I was about to give up, I looked and it turned out that the .bin files were opening with an emulator that I had a while back. so now I would like to know what the .bin files SHOULD be opening with, as I think that will help my problem that I have.:helpsmilie:

Also, I went and got rid of the emulator and reinstalled the files and they still wanted to open with the emulator. :doh: (total download time of over 25 hours, a new record for me)

Depending on your connction I´d suggest to redownload the DCS Software and let the updater run then.

An advice for an apropriate forums behaviour in order to help each other. If someone is searching the forums with exactly the same issue, so he wont find any threads. Your Title "I need help" isn´t really refering to a certain issue.

And welcome to the ED Forums...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

oh ok. i just made this profile like 5 mins ago for help so im a bit new at this stuff haha

what an operating system are you running?

in case (what I think) of Win7 64Bit...did you ran the aplication (while installation) as Admin? And I also suggest to select another place to install, not the given default path.

Give us a feedback, about what happened

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

that is what i did in the first place but i keep getting that insert disk 1 stuff

What is the current installed version of DCS?

Are you still running v1.1.1.1 of DCS A-10C?

Did you download DCS World V1.2.x and the modules then run the auto-updater?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

"Disk 1 stuff" indicates that the installer can't find the .bin files.

Install procedure is to download exe and bin files into one and the same folder, then run the exe file. You do not need to touch or "open" the bin files. The names of the bin files are important - if they get renamed, the installer won't be able to find them and you'll get this error.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester