Have aircraft mid-air refuel

Mt5_Roie

Will test it out and let you know.

'

EDIT: So F/A-18C can't seem to tank with the IL-78M. Will try the F-15 and F-16 with a KC-135

Also, seems like the only option in orbit now is circle. How do I get a tanker to racetrack pattern again?

Edited by roiegat

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Add another waypoint.

Try the hornet with the USN tanker plane thingy...

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

You can tell planes to refuel via advanced way point options, not got access to the game, but the option is there.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Just one point on the fuel setting in the ME, its for internal fuel only. So if you set 3% and he has external fuel drop tanks then he has a lot more fuel than you think (I spent ages recently hunting this one down!) and will happily cruise around for over an hour.

Set a low fuel state and no drop tanks and with a suitable tanker nearby he will automatically go to it and refuel as long as it is closer than any friendly airbase.

EDIT: So F/A-18C can't seem to tank with the IL-78M. Will try the F-15 and F-16 with a KC-135

Also, seems like the only option in orbit now is circle. How do I get a tanker to racetrack pattern again?

You need another waypoint after the waypoint at which you set the orbit for race-track to be available in menu.

F-18s do refuel but only if they are in the same coalition, try a S-3B.

Edited by Druid_

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

• 8 months later...

Is it possible to tank a Su-33 from an S-3? I tried making a simple mission where Russia was on the blue side and when I (Su-33) checked in with the tanker (S-3) he called chicks in tow (even though we were the only two aircraft in the mission. Is this a bug or is it just not possible to tank Russian birds with US tankers and vice versa?

Yes it should be possible. However it is important to note that the S-3 doesn't carry much fuel on board, and is meant to give a splash of gas if needed to land on the carrier and not to top off the tank.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum