LMR/Lock On Mission Randomizer

Guest ruggbutt

Guest ruggbutt

I recommend everyone try the mission editor in conjuntion w/LMR (LockOn Mission Randomizer). You can randomize whether or not a unit will spawn, or if they spawn what time they'll go "active". How many of you have flown a mission and didn't complete the objectives but upon flying it again you now know where that pesky SAM unit is? Doesn't happen w/LMR. Sometimes that evil SAM unit doesn't show up, one shows up miles away in another spot. So you don't fly the same mission again so to speak. The objectives are the same, but the air, sea and ground units aren't ever the same way twice. I have a bunch of LMR missions that I put together for our server, and they are fantastic. The squadrons that fly w/us are thrilled that the Mirage that shot at them from 30 miles on a 335 bearing didn't show up the next time. They had to deal w/prowling Mig27's 15 miles from their airbase, as they're taking off.

I'd love to see LMR combined w/the current mission generator. There are already fantastic campaigns out there that are user made. These campaigns would rock w/LMR.

That link gets you beta10. Follow that link then go to the end of the thread & follow the link to a new thread, which has beta12

You're wrong. The original posting was updated:

LockON Mission Randomizer Beta 012 is now available for public consumption.

The links are the same.

I have a bunch of m/p missions. You could easily change the aircraft to player instead of client.

Mp missions would be cool, (as mp missions too!). Do you have a site to D/L from? If not ill pm my email.

Im half way thru making a SP base defence frenzy ill send ya, but I keep getting slowed down by having fun flying it!

Folks: If you are prepared to spend the time (1/2 hr) understanding this and tweaking a mission, you will love this app! :D:icon_excl

If this app could somehow work in conjunction with Dedmac, we would have a pretty wicked setup for the 504th server!! Each mission-change would load a randomized mission . . . no more memorizing the location of each individual vehicle to target!!

• Like 1

If this app could somehow work in conjunction with Dedmac, we would have a pretty wicked setup for the 504th server!! Each mission-change would load a randomized mission . . . no more memorizing the location of each individual vehicle to target!!

Thats what I was thinking, but even if it does not - all you (well, the server admin) would have to do to generate new permutations for all the LMR missions on rotation, is open the app and click a button - it re-randomizes an editable list of all randomized missions! So even if we couldnt get dedmac to execute it automatically each day it could just be done manually now and then v easily.

The program has a 'batch' mode:

============================================================

============ SECTION C - BATCH PROCESSING MODE =============

============================================================

C1. When a mission is randomized, LMR will add the source/

target filenames to the batch list if the "Add to batch

list upon creation" box is checked. The selected randomize

value is stored in the batch list along with the filenames.

C2. Selecting Batch Processing > Batch Randomize Missions

will instruct LMR to re-randomize all files in the batch

list. This is the equivalent of manually re-selecting

each file in the list and choosing "CREATE" individually.

C3. Note the list may contain duplicates or files which have

been deleted so the Batch Processing > Edit Batch List

option has been provided to manage the list entries.

C4. Each batch job is stored on one line of the textfile

with the following format:

RANDOMIZE TIME (IN SECONDS)|Source Mission|Target Mission

Sorry, just assumed that as the first link you posted to said it was to BETA10 & the file I downloaded from it had beta10 in the file name that the link was for an older version (when I went to the second thread the link said BETA12 & the file had a different filename.)

Cheers.

Guest ruggbutt
Here are 7 m/p LMR missions that I've converted to 1.11. There are no Su25's nor A10's, as I'm making another campaign for those. Let me know if you guys like these, I'll post more if you do.

• 1 month later...

What happened with this project? What is the latest version of LMR?

I'm reading about it and it looks like really exiting stuff! But judging by the fact that HL hosts are not running it currently there are some problems/difficulties with using/designing LMR missions?

No probs I've seen - I got Beta12 & at the time that was the latest so you want that or higher.

Works well. I made a few of missions with it & Ruggbutt (& whoever made it) are right - it does mean every time things are different, which does increase the playability.

The only problem I have had with it is that you have to put in way more units to start with as only a fraction - which you can control - will start on any given randomisation, & it takes me so long to put an ordinary mission together that I keep chickening out... But that's a user problem :-) the tool itself works fine & I'd recomend it.

Cheers.

I've got a problem or maybe I'm just not understanding the readme. How do you create .lmr files. Say I create a mission in LockOn and save it as a .mis file. Then I try to load it into LMR and I get an error (not a lmr file or something). Same thing happens if I just change the extension to .lmr.

So my question is? Where do the .lmr files come from??

You change the extension to .lmr

Put the file in one of the LMR folders and then randomize. Make sure your mission is set to day one. All the info you need is in the readme.

This makes editing the missions cumbersome. I'll recommend to leave the extension as

'mis' (for the Lockon editor) and open 'mis' files in the LMR file selection box.

LMR adds '_random' to the filenames of randomized mission, so xy.mis will

become xy_random.mis and you don't lose the original mission.