Anyone had any luck saving changed snapviews?

GregP

EDIT: Problem solved. See my post over in the main DCS World forum.

I've very familiar with the process for changing snapviews in A-10C:

View.lua: DisableSnapViewSaving=false

Then in-sim, you:

1. use the RShift + RCtrl + KP keys to move your view

2. press LWin + KP() to choose the snapview you want to save to

3. press RAlt + KP0 to save the view

This works perfectly well in A-10C.

However, in P-51D, the SnapViewsDefault.lua does not have explicit "Snap[x][x]" view settings for the P-51D, which should be index 12. Instead, the snap views are created based on the function "p51_snap_views", which makes sense. But when you then try the process listed above, nothing gets saved to the SnapViewsDefault.lua file.

Even if you explicitly create you own Snap[12][x] group of snap views above the function, and remove the function altogether, still, doing the process above does not save anything to the SnapViewsDefault.lua file.

I'm pretty sure this DID work in the P-51D betas, though. So, anybody else having this problem? And/or, ED, can you lend a hand here? Why isn't this working?

Changing snapviews is absolutely critical for me as I run a 4-screen T-shaped render window, requiring me to manually create not only my default center view (Snap[12][13] in this case) but also all the other snapviews, as all of the defaults are messed up.

Edited by GregP

I know I saw a thread about this before 1.2.1. I think Nate is aware of it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What's really frustrating is that this process WAS working in 1.2.0, and in that version I saved 'fixed' snapviews, including the center view, for myself for P-51D and everything looked great. But apparently the coordinates have changed in the release version of P-51D, because pasting that 1.2.0 SnapViewsDefault.lua file into 1.2.1 leads to really messed up snapviews in the P-51D (and also Ka-50, I might add, although the 1.2.0 saved snapviews still work fine for the A-10C). Meaning, P-51D is currently essentially unplayable for me. Very frustrating.

I guess that 'feature' wasn't listed in the release notes. :music_whistling:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: