Force feedback problems (trim & axis curves, centering spring)

I'm using a MS FFB2 stick, but prefer to leave force feedback off for the A-10 and P-51 as the trim effect doesn't seem to work very well when using curves on the axis sensitivities, which leads to another problem: DCS turns off the joystick's default centering spring effect when FF is off, resulting in a rather limp stick... :joystick:

Perhaps DCS could be changed to leave the centering spring effect on when FF is turned off?

well - using curves in a simulation that provides proper FFB is almost always a no-go on a FFB stick.

...and not using the FFB for the A-10C/P-51D sounds like a sacrilege to me.

I hope no one does this in the Ka-50...

-anyway-

Use this attached tool to bring some live into your motors.

It was made by average_pilot and the use of it is explained in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84883

, but isn't hosted there any-more. - the files that are still in this thread are for a G940 and will not work with a MSFFB2 properly as the axis are swapped!

Just set it up while running a mission and just don't set up a trimmer or touch it when in the A-10C.

So keep this file at a save place - this is almost the only option you have to control the spring-force in Win7 for a MSFFB2 - as the original software for it isn't updated any-more from Microsoft.

(and I really don't know how long I can host it here - as I already sucked up 92mb of my 100mb my own files at this board.)

Edited by PeterP

I had been just using the FFTest.exe that is in the DCS /bin folder to reset the centering forces after starting a mission, but that simFFB is nicer, thanks. However, it still doesn't help with the fact that you need to alt-tab back to the desktop to run it every time you start a mission in DCS, which is my complaint.

Well - I cant help on that and I'm afraid no one does , as DCS will request control over your controllers every-time it starts the mission (and this is normally a good thing - so you won't have to assign controllers that are controlled by your DX application every-time it starts).

And I really beg you to have a look again if it is possible for you to fly without curves and FFB on - as you will miss so much without it - The stall warning in the P-51D is really helping very much.

watch the videos in this link:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=83814

Edited by PeterP

Also trying to use a MS FF2. It seems with FF turned on in DCS, trim is not functioning properly at all. Elevator trim effects aileron, and aileron trim effects the elevator. If I turn off FF, then trim works fine.

I know that back in FC trim never worked properly with FF on. Is this still true for the DCS P-51D? Did a search, no joy. Thanks