Any new info?!

Evilducky

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting for news makes you (well, me anyway) wonder whats behind the legal stuff. Outsourced content that waits authorisation for use? Declassification because it was a military project?

All speculation but i am one who likes to know the reasons behind everything (even though i know i won't get an answer).

Stay tuned, can't be long now... can it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Waiting for news makes you (well, me anyway) wonder whats behind the legal stuff. Outsourced content that waits authorisation for use? Declassification because it was a military project?

All speculation but i am one who likes to know the reasons behind everything (even though i know i won't get an answer).

Stay tuned, can't be long now... can it?

This wiki article on ITAR may give you a little insight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITAR

For practical purposes, ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies (for items listed on the U.S. Munitions List) may only be shared with U.S. Persons unless authorization from the Department of State is received or a special exemption is used
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Or that one applies to the Huey to:

Its called an Aircraft Mnf License.

Many aircraft manufactures hire teams to search out companies using the likeness of their aircraft. What they require is a license agreement, which often results in small revenue share back to them.

In 2009 VEAO attained a licence from BAE Systems and the RAF to produce a Eurofighter Typhoon external model for public display at the Waddington International Airshow here in the UK.

That was a one-off project for BAE and the RAF.

Since then it has always been our goal to attain licences to produce the Hawk and Typhoon for military and commercial applications. These discussions are underway with BAE and the Typhoon Consortium.

We will not sell any model without these licences. As a company we will not take that risk.

There is some interesting case law on the subject of IP rights (Intellectual Property).

And I read in the papers in fact only yesterday that Budweiser are suing for the new movie about a drunk pilot crashing a plane and he was drinking Bud.

Basically if you don't have permission to use a brand, it's not worth the risk.

The same applies to producing aircraft models for DCS if you're going to sell them.

It's not TFC or ED's responsibility to attain the licences, it's up to us 3rd party devs.

I hope that clears some stuff up,

Chris.

Source: 3rd Party Typhoon project. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1596587&postcount=268

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I'm not an internet lawyer but AFAIK since it's paid for by US taxpayers you can use the likeness and military designation but not the company name that produced it? Seems like I remember BIS getting into trouble with this before.

Anyways , always a good idea to get approval from the manufacturer. Hopefully it's not that this far in though...what if they said no after it was 80% complete and announcement was made. Ouch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Apologies again for the continuing lack of media. I hope you understand we're not trying to hide anything, especially given all of the UH-1H data already available as part of the public DCS World (3D model and such).

In response to this post:

Can you guys please explain what you already acomplished and what you expect to add before beta release? Think is important.

Thanks.

The flight model is well done - I would say in the tuning phase. The damage model is well in development, but not completed. Most of the major cockpit functionality is there, the most important exception being the pilot's reflex sight, which is currently replaced by a “magic” CCIP reticle. The copilot's sight, used to steer the guns, is modeled correctly and works. The weapons work, including the steerable miniguns, unguided rockets, and the door guns. Subsystems like engine, fuel, hydraulics, electrics are in various states of completion, but overall functional and interactive with the model. Switching seats works and it’s possible to fly or shoot from the pilot or copilot position, as well as aim and shoot the M-60s as a door gunner. There are some simple "autopilot" modes available so the player can hand off control to the AI copilot. Currently there is no other crew AI functionality, but we expect this will be developed as we move ahead.

We are preparing to launch the pre-purchase beta option soon, so I think the above is probably a good description of what you can expect to be included, in addition to WIP manuals, some training and combat missions.

I will, with some hesitation, mention some of the features we are either working on or hope to implement as the product moves forward. Please understand that it is all subject to change depending on technical progress, available time, human resources, etc. At this point we are pretty confident about being able to implement sling loads, there is work ongoing on new animated infantry, we hope to include interactive crew AI, and multipayer coop mode as mentioned in the announcement.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Just wow...!

Thank you for keeping us up to date and thank you belsimtek team for raising the bar and bringing DCS to a whole new level.

P.S. I noticed something about the AI model since 1.21: there is some 3d artifact, invisible at close range, but makes the camera distance increase when you "hit" it with the view angle. Also this artifact shows up in one of the lod's and seems to be moving dynamically around the helicopter model. Perhaps something to do with the slingload developement at the time? You probably already know about this, but i thought i'd mention it anyway.

Thanks again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the great update. Money is sat here with your name on it, all you have to do is let me pay you. :)

Think I'm more excited about this than I was for the Blackshark, and that's saying something.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Good, detailed update Evil B!! Up until you mention the items in the update I was gonna pass on this, but the informative breakdown you just provided just altered my thought. This is another module I will definitely purchase!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The copilot's sight, used to steer the guns, is modeled correctly and works. The weapons work, including the steerable miniguns...
You do realize that this weapon system that was shown to us on that weird 3D model (part Georgian UH-1H, part Australian UH-1D "Bushranger"), only time it was utilized in combat - on the Australian Bushranger - didn't had hydraulic minigun steering, and the guns were harmonized with the FFAR reflex sight ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

@evil

Thank you very much for the update. can you mention who is on your dev team or would like to give credit to? and or maybe some background past project info.

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]