IFF

NECK

Hello A10 community!

Does anyone know if there are any plans to activate the IFF feauture in A10? As i read the manual it said it was clickable, but not functional.

Neck

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

IFF is inoperative for the time being, kind of like the Have Quick radios. It has clickable elements, and I'm pretty sure the sim outputs values for the systems, but the values are not plugged into anything.

I suspect that once we are presented with the next fixed-wing fighter aircraft, there will be some IFF/SIF functionality included.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

• ED Team

IFF never was functional. Still in the todo list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• 1 year later...

If I understand this right from reading the manual there should be a comm page which is missing from the MFCD, what I can't quite piece together and haven't been able to find searching it how useful implementing this feature would be including the rest of IFF.

The manual mentions it can both transmit and receive which I assumed to mean either two things.

1) that it shows information on other flight positions somehow on the TAD? If so I realllly hope this gets implemented because that sounds pretty awesome, but right now it's just my assumption since it's unclear to me exactly what features are included in the a10c with regards to IFF.

2) that the manual means it receives an IFF signal and transmits a signal back. The extra functionality is mostly about tricking ground stations as to the whereabouts of your location? Not as interesting apart from maybe using with combined arms.

Can someone fill me in on the details?

Up to now it is definitely not working. It will fully work with third party extensions like Aries Radar. The IFF/SIF outputs will only be visible on the radar screens as secondary symbols and ident flashes. A small cockpit visual and audible feedback will be the mode 4 ping at the moment when the transponder is interrogated by a valid mode 4 signal. If someone is interested in details, he can download the IFF/SIF description from:

http://www.ariescon.com/exchange/IFF_SIF.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I understand this right from reading the manual there should be a comm page which is missing from the MFCD, what I can't quite piece together and haven't been able to find searching it how useful implementing this feature would be including the rest of IFF.

The manual mentions it can both transmit and receive which I assumed to mean either two things.

1) that it shows information on other flight positions somehow on the TAD? If so I realllly hope this gets implemented because that sounds pretty awesome, but right now it's just my assumption since it's unclear to me exactly what features are included in the a10c with regards to IFF.

2) that the manual means it receives an IFF signal and transmits a signal back. The extra functionality is mostly about tricking ground stations as to the whereabouts of your location? Not as interesting apart from maybe using with combined arms.

IFF functionality in the A-10C is essentially the same to the transponders in civil aircraft, with the exception that being a military aircraft, the A-10C also has modes 1, 2, and 4 as well as mode 3 (A & C for civil aircraft).

There are quite a few functions missing from the A-10C in DCS, most notably JTRS/SADL, with what we have in DCS having little in common with the real thing.

For the time being however, adding IFF functionality in DCS would be pretty much pointless, as until things such as ATC, AWACS, GCI, and the general aircraft & air defence AI can make use of it (which would not be a trivial task to implement), nothing would be added.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • ED Team

MFCD Comm page is not the part of Suite 3. It was added in later suites.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
The IFF feature continue on the To-Do list?

Yes still in the To-Do list

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...