rearm/repair sequence

Shein

Did a search, checked the flight manual, still have a few questions:

What exactly needs to happen to re-arm and repair in the A10?

Does the canopy need to be open?

Do the engines need to shut down?

If you shut the engines down, how do you not lose your flight plan? I start the APU first (and turn on the APU gen) but somehow I still manage to reset my flight plan...

also, if I re-arm and don't shut the engines down, how do I reset the DSMS to reflect this?

Maybe it'd just be better if someone could walk me through the proper way to repair and rearm step by step... :cry:

should be like this:

You can request rearm/refuel when

- canopy open, engines not running without further settings

- when engines running/canopy closed: set the rotary selector dial on intercom control panel to "INT" (see page 130/131 and 153/154 in A-10 manual)

but there seems to be a bug where you can request rearm/refuel eventhough engines running+canopy closed+no interphone selected. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1578124#post1578124

Rearm/Refuel you can either request by VHF AM F8 menu or on screen display (german keyboard L-ALT+Ä). Repair only via F8 menu and shut down engines.

If you shut down your engines you can either request ground power via F8 menu or use your APU + APU generator so your systems stay powered.

Resetting DSMS: chose one of the menu items on the bottom of your left MFCD. For example "STAT". Press "STAT" for about 2 seconds and a menu with all possible menu items will be shown. You'll find "LOAD" on the right side. Press OSB for "LOAD" and then "STAT" again. Now you changed "STAT" to "LOAD". Press the "LOAD" button on the bottom and the "LOAD MENU" will show. On the left side you find "DSMS Load"... voilà

Edited by Leto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

Hmm... shouldn't act like that. Please try ground power instead of APU and check if the same thing happens.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

start apu, start apu gen, wait til its 100 percent.

Here´s the only thing I am doing different to you: I turn on the APU, wait till it is spooled up to 100% (and wait another second or two just to make sure) and then turn on the APU generator.

Try this and see if it already solves the issue. :)

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

In my expierence:

-For Rearm/Refuel engines can be turned on - just canopy has to be open.

-For Repairs the Engines need to be turned off and canopy open.

- Apu may be on (with APU Gen) in both procedures.

I believe canopy open is meant to simulate the need to verbally communicate with a ground crew if you're not using the interphone, which is necessary if you don't want to open the Canopy.

I've managed to request refuel/rearm and repairs all with canopy closed using the interphone, only thing is that the engines have to be powered down to effect repairs. I do notice that if I have APU on, waiting for spool up, and then switch to APU Gen and then Shutdown engines, I get a "Warm Startup" with the CDU sometimes (or all the time, I don't always notice).

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I think that interactive training mission could solve this frequently asked qusetion.

Maybe someone could do it, Bigfootmsr do you listen? :-))))

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

I think that interactive training mission could solve this frequently asked qusetion.

Maybe someone could do it, Bigfootmsr do you listen? :-))))

Just did it twice to make sure I had it right.

What specifically are you referring to?

Also, stand by for track!

whatisthisidonteven.trk

Ok here we go. So the good news is looks like I wasn't waiting for my APU to spool all the way up, is why I was losing my data.

However watch the track anyway; some other weird stuff happens.

1. the APU won't spool past 60% until I shut down the left engine

2. I can't get the ground crew to do ANYTHING. rearm, repair, ground power, nothing. Not with canopy open, not on intercom, not a thing. Might be that I made this mission myself and the airbase was considered "neutral"

Any ideas?

Here´s the only thing I am doing different to you: I turn on the APU, wait till it is spooled up to 100% (and wait another second or two just to make sure) and then turn on the APU generator.

Try this and see if it already solves the issue. :)

I had this same problem when I powered down.

I'm not sure if I waited for my APU to spool up all the way, so that could be it. Also, to check this, could you just try turning off the main generators before shutting down engines?

1) taxi to park

2) Turn APU on

3) wait for it to spool up then turn on APU Gen

4) Turn off Left and right eng Gen

5) Shut down engines

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

If you have made the mission yourself remember that you need to insert at least one friendly unit, e.g. a Hummer. Otherwise there is no-one to talk to.

I haven't had to add any friendly units manually. Usually when I select "Friendly" for that particular airbase, it adds some units automatically. (I think)

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --