Flyable Su-25TM with invisible weapons

Hi everybody

im a 14 yrs newbie young boy from Torino but sorry im poor in english

FC is a fantastic simulator but i wanted to try another planes and weapons

i bought FC/cd last week

one of my friend told me Su-25 TM will flyable if i change in the meinit.xml file the humancockpit=no to yes and copy+rename su-25T kabina files to Su-39 in the shapes folder

now Su-25TM works with Su-25T FM and cockpit but the special Su-25TM weapons are invisible on plane (not working)

WHY ?

will it works somedays ? how ? i want to try the Kh-31P against SAMs

i tried in this way F-16 & F-18 too ...AGM-65s work but the LGBs & Antiradar missiles DONT

would be great if the AGM-88 should work coz russian planes has the 25MPU antiradar missiles but american hasnt got any antiradar missile (i mean for players) - in MP missions this fact is a huge advantage to russian (attack)planes

in a mission where long-range SAMs are operating only with russian plane (Su-25T) able the player destroy a SAM site

with A-10A its impossible coz the AGM-65 has shorter range than (radar)SAMs

will the AGM-88 works again like in 1.02 ?

Thanks

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

you sure you are 14 ? cuz i seen grown men with worse grammar than you, and they have english as there first language.

The weapons are not invisible.

The Su-25K, Su-25T and Su-25TMs weapons are hardcoded (for want of a better word) into the game.

This means that if the Su-25TM is controlled by a human, weapons such as the R-77, Kh-35 or radar pod is dumped. This also means that no illegal weapons can be loaded onto the 25K or 25T.

Alpha or one of the Devs will be able to explain it better than I can.

Without these additional weapons the 25TM is the same as a 25T so I wouldnt even bother making it flyable.

EDIT: the Kh-58 and Kh-25MPU are rather formidable weapons against SAM's. IIRC there is no way a Su-25TM can launch a Kh-31 IRL because it doesn't fly fast enough. IIRC the Kh-31 must be launched over a certain speed.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Is it a compliment now or not ? :) ;) :)

yes, sort of, i was complimenting you on your english, especially as you are 14, and have english as presumably a second language. ;)

i dont understand you exactly...Su-25 K ? is it an ingame basic Su-25 or the Kuznetsov version with arrester hook ? ..like SU-39 in 1.02 ? coz the TM hasnt got a tail hook in 1.11 !

The Su-25K is the Su-25 in the game or as people term it, the Vanilla (plain version)

As to the hook. The Su-25TM (Su-39 as you would call it) is not a carrier based aircraft, hence the removal of the hook. The carrier version is the Su-25UTG which is a 2 seat trainer used to train naval pilots on carrier landings.

The Su-25K is the Su-25 in the game or as people term it, the Vanilla (plain version)

As to the hook. The Su-25TM (Su-39 as you would call it) is not a carrier based aircraft, hence the removal of the hook. The carrier version is the Su-25UTG which is a 2 seat trainer used to train naval pilots on carrier landings.

so ED changed Su-39/25 TM 3D files...

in 1.02 Su-39 had a tail hook...& its worked with Su-33 cockpit

BTW...i dont understand why ED using Su-27 FM for other planes...should be better with the Su-33 FM/cockpit---> with able2operate hook..just4 F-14, F-18, MiG-29K & more :)

so ED changed Su-39/25 TM 3D files...

IRL visually the Su-25T and Su-25TM are identical so in Lock-on 1.1 the TM uses the same model as the T version

in 1.02 Su-39 had a tail hook...& its worked with Su-33 cockpit

Yes the Su-39 had a hook in 1.02 but the carrier capability was removed in 1.1 for realism purposes.

BTW...i dont understand why ED using Su-27 FM for other planes....

They don't. The aircraft that have SFM (standard Flight Model, F-15, A-10, MiG-29, Su-27, Su-33) each have their own flight model. The AI also has their own "simplified" model.

should be better with the Su-33 FM/cockpit---> with able2operate hook..just4 F-14, F-18, MiG-29K & more

Adding flyable into Lock-on is not as simple as it looks. On the F-14 you have to model the backseater and the workload he does as well as the swept wings (which only the AI has).

Both the F-14 and F/A-18s TAC Manuals are classified so getting first hand information on these aircraft is next to impossible.

The Mig-29K... well ask Alfa about this. ;)

The only other flyable that is being added to the Lock-on series is the Ka-50 attack helicopter. See ”Black Shark” for more details. After that the next flight sims for ED will be released (hopefully).

They don't. The aircraft that have SFM (standard Flight Model, F-15, A-10, MiG-29, Su-27, Su-33) each have their own flight model. The AI also has their own "simplified" model.

Adding flyable into Lock-on is not as simple as it looks. On the F-14 you have to model the backseater and the workload he does as well as the swept wings (which only the AI has).

Both the F-14 and F/A-18s TAC Manuals are classified so getting first hand information on these aircraft is next to impossible.

I mean ...if i fly any Non-official AI planes in 1.11 it uses the su-27 cockpit & su-27 thrust (2 engines)...B-1 flies like a rock F-5 flies like spaceshuttle. Itsnt matter how seat is in it. F-14 a little bit heavy but its almost realistic, but i cannot downed hook if i wanna land on a carrier. I dont care of backseat. just want a working arrester hook.

I tried many (changed) 3d Files in 1.02 with Su-33 cockpit.

F-14 & F-18 folding wings worked with SU-33 cockpit (no another way-Ai Pilots doesnt folding up F-18 wing neither on carrier while/but F-14 does) ,F-14,F-18,Su-39,MiG-29K arrester hook too. Thats why id like an official su-33 cockpit/FM for the "flyable" AI planes.

It would have made sense to make the default cockpit/capabilities of the non-flyables modded to flyable that of the 33 rather than the 27 - except I guess everything would be carrier landable (assuming the hook on the model is actualy irrelevant to the landing script)

Cheers.

I'm guessing it'd be irrelevant whether it's on the model or not, just whether the code for engaging the wires comes with the 33 cockpit/FM - you've seen that F5 mod with 2 afterburners coming out of a single engine? - you get 2 engines with the 27 setup flying non-flyables & presumably if they had used the 33 instead of the 27 as the default you'd have got a tailhook's code for landing as well.

Cheers.

How about the drogue chute ?

Irrelevant? I dont think so. With the Su-27 FM/cockpit you cannot use the deceleration parachute if you landed with 4xmpl.: MiG-23/25 or Su-30<--but same FM !

So i think all AI plane with Su-33 FM/cockpit not means all planes have the code for engaging the wire/able to land on a carrier or fold the wings up.

U know if u press the KEY (folding wings) the plane (which hasnt got folding wings) only lifts the flaps totaly up.

So i think the Su-33 FM/cockpit should be better than the SU-27 for ALL AI planes if someone want to fly an AI.-->Carrier landing+Folding Wings on the suitable/appropriate planes.