I'd like to try Falcon 4. Getting started questions.

Quirkitized

Questions

How do I get started?

Which copy do I need?

Can I buy used, or is there cd-key type issues related to used?

Can I buy it online anywhere as a download copy?

Any issues with it running on Win7?

What mods are out there for it, things to bring it up to date (heard of bms or something?)

Original is $80 new

http://www.amazon.com/Falcon-4-0-Pc/dp/B00000K4KF/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1350837920&sr=8-2&keywords=Falcon+4

Or allied force? it's $14 new

http://www.amazon.com/Falcon-4-0-Allied-Force-Pc/dp/B0008GLHLW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350837920&sr=8-1&keywords=Falcon+4

I found my falcon 4 manual from when I was a kid (and I'm now 30) packed away in some boxes. Can't believe how long the sim has been around. While I found the manual I didn't find my disc. I played it quite a bit when I was a kid, and like to try again.

I did try google searches but there just seems to be so much info, I'd just like a simple start back into it. After all, I remember being a kid with my microsoft sidewinder joystick and taking off for the first time and landing, would like to do that again :)

I can't be much help in getting you started but the reason F4 is so expensive now is that you need the CD (or at least the executable) to run BMS. When BMS came out the supply of F4 disks was hit hard.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Son of a....so allied force disc won't work? I'd pay a normal game price of $20-40 for it, can't justify $80 yet.

Nope. Allied Force will not work.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Gentlemen, kindly keep rule 1.12 in mind when dealing with other SIMs, ie while general news and updates on other simulation projects are allowed in the Other Sims section, this is a privately run forum for Eagle Dynamics projects. General discussion and product support of other titles does not belong here and should be moved to the appropriate publisher/developer website.

Ta

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'