NEW Rounds Affect

rextar

Evening from uk.

ok guys im confused about the new tracer affect of the guns.

it seems like a slow motion affect when u pull the trigger,as if the rounds leaving the aircraft are in slow motion,i see small (balls)and imho the affect doest seem correct,its to slow.

maybe im missing something here help devs,but i keep noticing the affects and it does upset the "feel" of the game.

please comment thx rextar.:joystick:

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

I think we should revert back to 1.2.0...

I'm really frustrated by the tracers effects. :mad:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Because you are looking at them from the back.

That made me laugh! I was following the 'tracers' bug thread earlier.

Although having said that I can still see Yo-Yo's point - I think it's just a touch too exaggerated at the moment - they look a bit more like canon shells - appearing too big and slow IMO.

A very occasional, very short flash of 'bright streak' too fast to follow as they depart the middle ground and then small points of bright yellow is what I see in guncam - in fact often imperceivable at times.

'Seen much combat? Well I've seen a little on TV' :)

An, as close as possible, approximation of reality is all we can achieve with any combat sim, as I'm sure we'd all agree - Sometimes things can get a little pedantic around here:)

A less 'exaggerated' version of what we have now would be close to what I see in guncam footage IMO (and faster for MGs).

I don't agree about speed. Having been present at various firing excercises ranging from 7,62MGs firing tracers to browning to 20mm Oerlikon MKs and 84mm recoilless rifles, i can say with absolute certainty that when standing in line with the trajectory, the rounds appear to almost don't move at all.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I don't agree about speed. Having been present at various firing excercises ranging from 7,62MGs firing tracers to browning to 20mm Oerlikon MKs and 84mm recoilless rifles, i can say with absolute certainty that when standing in line with the trajectory, the rounds appear to almost don't move at all.

Yes Sobek, speed is not the issue, I correct myself, you're right I think.

When I say faster for MGs I think it's an optical thing - 'Too slowly' is simply a production of the fact that they appear 'too big' - we all know they're 50cal rounds but the problem I think is they're too big i.e. seemingly too close, for too long - If you follow me.

Yes Sobek, speed is not the issue, I correct myself, you're right I think.

When I say faster for MGs I think it's an optical thing - 'Too slowly' is simply a production of the fact that they appear 'too big' - we all know they're 50cal rounds but the problem I think is they're too big i.e. seemingly too close, for too long - If you follow me.

Yeah, the bloom effect around them is slightly too large, making it appear that they are moving even more slowly than they should. I can back up Sobek's claim that tracers hardly seem to move at all from the firing blocks.

<VAAF>

Virtual Australian Air-Force :thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

Put me in the "close but not quite" camp. Real tracers do indeed look like small floating blobs from directly behind (i.e. to the shooter), as I can confirm by my own experience. However, there's something that isn't quite right about these. Now, gun-cam videos shouldn't be used as examples of what they should look like, for numerous reasons, but, all the same, I've seen real tracers in person from multiple angles, and something's a bit off still. I think Sam might be on to something when he talks about the glow, and Viamanaman as well about the size.

Edited by Echo38

OK, what file do I need from 1.2.0 to get the 1.2.0 bullets? I don't like 1.2.1 tracers...

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

the rounds appear to almost don't move at all.

Remember that the pilots head is not lined up with the barrels of the guns (by 5 feet at least, I would guess)

I would imagine that at the point of convergence for the guns the pilot might not see much streaking but for the first 300 (?) feet that burning tracer element is going 3000ish feet per second. The human eye just wouldn't see that as a floating orb. At least not mine.

I recently got a batch of extended range/extra bright tracers in 9mm (not exactly a .50 lol) Next time I have an opportunity to shoot I'll take two videos, one with the camera in line with the bore and one with the camera a few feet off bore. The difference is unmistakable.

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

In a nutshell then ,will this be addressed or left in place,?lot of views on this important issue.

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12