Removed

CptSmiley

nope, I'm at work eating Thin Mint cookies with 2 fingers in metal braces taped to the finger next to it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably meant what you did to hurt yourself, unless it was a Thin Mint accident.... :)

Yes sorry, English is my second language...

Hockey.

tried to work on getting a HUD in the F-16 Pit also working on suspension stuff, tryin to tweak some, prolly have videos this weekend.

Also noticed even if I animate gauges and set them in the mainpanel_init, (ie stick movement), they dont work.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Also noticed even if I animate gauges and set them in the mainpanel_init, (ie stick movement), they dont work.

Needles from analogue gauges looks like they are a 2d overlay, not a 3d animated part, and i think they use the same technique like the hud does in order to project into the 3d cockpit.

But again I really dnt know anything about graphics programing and 3d animations.. (im more of a vhdl-verilog guy), anyway just a thought.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Needles from analogue gauges looks like they are a 2d overlay, not a 3d animated part, and i think they use the same technique like the hud does in order to project into the 3d cockpit.

But again I really dnt know anything about graphics programing and 3d animations.. (im more of a vhdl-verilog guy), anyway just a thought.

needles and stuff are 3d, the issue I think is the mysterious link between EFM and Cockpit. (stick animations work in EDM Viewer and if i move the pit over to a Non EFM WIP Module.)

I'll be spending the weekend working on suspension, and animations for it, right now you have to set down crazy soft in order to not get damage.

and for some reason, when you start on ground it wants to start with gear up. So I'll see if that data is in the suspension blocks, also need to look at opening project and building data for an Airbrake system,.

As for the AoA Sensitivity below 275 or so knots, I've adapted to it so It doesnt happen to me anymore, however it takes some getting used to, and a lot of flying time. I'd recommend putting deadzones at the top and bottom of the pitch axis, so even if you pull back 100% the game would only read 75% or so.

Edited by SkateZilla

The issue with the gears starting retracted when spawning on the ground is my fault. I did put in the code for it to start extended, which has worked before, but now it just exploded so I edited the code out. I think it's probably the strength of the gear structure that has to be increased, which is in the entry.lua. I think I could get the gauges animations working in-game but I don't have a animated cockpit nor have I delved into 3D-animations just yet.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

The issue with the gears starting retracted when spawning on the ground is my fault. I did put in the code for it to start extended, which has worked before, but now it just exploded so I edited the code out. I think it's probably the strength of the gear structure that has to be increased, which is in the entry.lua. I think I could get the gauges animations working in-game but I don't have a animated cockpit nor have I delved into 3D-animations just yet.

right now I start on ground fine, as I've forced the Collision mesh to remain deployed,

So I Spawn, press G to deploy gear and roll away :)

Is it a change that needs to be made in the DLL or in the System LUA?

As for the HUD, this is pretty much where I'm at:

attachment.php?attachmentid=94878&stc=1&d=1393549869

Obviously I need to go over the script and look for some issues.

As it only shows a MACH Number and the grid.

Edited by SkateZilla

Yes the code for deploying gears when spawning on the ground is in the dll.

As for the HUD I'd say good work anyway! It's more than I have done so far, and I'd be very happy if you figure this one out cause I have no clue how to solve it except for just reading "missing texture" which implies there need to be some kind of texture somewhere :) Maybe have a look on the P-51?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Yes the code for deploying gears when spawning on the ground is in the dll.

As for the HUD I'd say good work anyway! It's more than I have done so far, and I'd be very happy if you figure this one out cause I have no clue how to solve it except for just reading "missing texture" which implies there need to be some kind of texture somewhere :) Maybe have a look on the P-51?

I think I can turn the grid off by removing the line for it. I was diggin through the A-10C HUD INdicator LUAs,

Tried to copy/paste some AddFunction stuff for Pitch Ladder, didnt work. so I assume I have a bad definition or line somewhere.

I'll go back to it after I skim the forums again, I've sent PMs and Emails to people that have working HUDs in their own modules, but no responses... which is kind of expected.

This weekend after some PC Modding (yeah, more PC Modding, gotta convert my X-Fi AD_EXT Ribbon cable to a sleeved round cable so it stops blocking GPU Fans).

I'm working on Suspension data in the Suspension block, and the animations.

What I want to make progress on this weekend.

-Finish with the Exhaust Nozzle Animation.

-All 3 Gears were pre-animated by studio and appear to deploy to "weight on" position. So I have to modify the gear deployment animations.

-Animate Suspension Movement for all 3 gears.

-Open LUA and adjust positions of gears and size of wheels, and solve the suspension data block values (i guess for post lengths)

-Swap collision EDM Back to the EDM with deployable Collision for gears, and see if the collision deploys with gears after setting the data in LUA, if not put the perm deployed EDM Back.

-Nose wheel steering Animation will remain disabled as it seems to move during flight, causing the tire to come through the bay doors when retracted, and to flick when landing as the FCS makes tiny adjustments.

-F-16C Block 25 Pit EDM, I replaced the partially modeled seat with the Aces II Seat from the external model so when looking around you arent looking at half of a seat.

-I want to get a simple HUD working, Speed/ALT Minimum to aid with landing.

-Airbrake System (Maybe).

-Go through the A-10C EDM and note Arg #'s for specific Gauges

Edited by SkateZilla

Yes, Thanks. It should stay on the first page/post this link.

However... How do I install it? I thought that putting it like this will do but something does not work. I have no control of the plane, The external model is the old one and no cockpit (that should be implied of no control I suppose):

Clipboard01.jpg

The mod show in main menu. I can create quick mission with it, I can add PLAYER to it in mission builder but... besides that, nothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

F-16 High Fidelity Flight Dynamics and Tech/Academic Initial Demonstration

Yes the source code for the flight model needs to be compiled into a .dll. It's standard practice not to upload compiled stuff on a source repository. I posted the compiled .dll a few posts up.

Edit: here's the post http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1997866

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Many Thanks. Not being a programmer myself missed that out completely. :thumbup:

I had to change a edm file to get the new shape. The canon works :D

Quite believeble FM as far as flying without any instruments. Very deadly spin :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Update not gonna make it this weekend, still working on suspension, tires, brakes and some other things.

Edited by SkateZilla

Some info in case anyone is interested

Distance from brake release to takeoff speed may be

determined from figure A2�3. Because the brakes

cannot hold the aircraft when takeoff thrust is

applied, takeoff thrust should be selected as quickly

as practical after brake release. Thrust buildup to

takeoff thrust is considered in the takeoff distance.

Effects of GW, CG, drag index, wind, and runway

slope are given on the chart.

REFER TO FIGURE A2�3.

Enter the chart with takeoff factor (A), proceed hori�

zontally to GW (B), then vertically down to CG base�

line, and follow guideline to CG ©. Proceed down�

ward to drag index baseline and parallel guidelines to

drag index (D). Proceed downward to slope baseline

and parallel guideline to slope (E); continue to wind

baseline, again parallel guidelines to wind (F), and

finally proceed down to read takeoff distance (G).

ABORTED TAKEOFF MAXIMUM BRAKE APPLICA�

TION SPEED

Figure A2�12 can also be used for finding the maxi�

mum brake application speed for aborted takeoff

considering taxi energy absorbed prior to starting

takeoff run. This is accomplished by computing the

taxi energy and projecting this value vertically

upward to the intersection of the danger zone upper

limit (23.5 million foot�pounds per brake). From

this intersection, proceed horizontally to the left to

the remaining brake energy capacity available for

stopping during aborted takeoff. The maximum

brake application speed can then be found for the

prevailing conditions of GW, pressure altitude, and

temperature. If brakes must be applied prior to com�

plete thrust decay to idle (approximately 4 seconds),

maximum brake application speed must be reduced

by 20 KIAS

More info on this direct PDF link

http://info.publicintelligence.net/HAF-F16-Supplement.pdf

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I added "F-16Demo" sections to server.lua and snapviews.lua (from user folder) to enable 6DoF in cockpit. It is activating but with issues for now.

- no matter what settings I put to cockpit positions it stays in a default one different from one it stays when those sections are not added to those files. eg a bit higher with head through the canopy

-also when I use head tracking the head is stuck to the panel under the HUD... a bit to the right. with headtracking off... it stays OK centered in cockpit.

In my version the afterburner is a bit higher than the center line of the fuselage. Also no pilot in cockpit from external view and canopy does not work but, maybe these are due to my older build?

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many Thanks. Not being a programmer myself missed that out completely. :thumbup:

I had to change a edm file to get the new shape. The canon works :D

Quite believeble FM as far as flying without any instruments. Very deadly spin :D .

I added "F-16Demo" sections to server.lua and snapviews.lua (from user folder) to enable 6DoF in cockpit. It is activating but with issues for now.

- no matter what settings I put to cockpit positions it stays in a default one different from one it stays when those sections are not added to those files. eg a bit higher with head through the canopy

-also when I use head tracking the head is stuck to the panel under the HUD... a bit to the right. with headtracking off... it stays OK centered in cockpit.

In my version the afterburner is a bit higher than the center line of the fuselage. Also no pilot in cockpit from external view and canopy does not work but, maybe these are due to my older build?

the 3d model distributed in the .3 pack was a first export of the new model with basic animations,

a lot of stuff in the LUAs are still set to use Coordinates for the Stock ED External (in regards to external models and positions.) Which is one reason why the Pack Still calls for the ED External Model, not to mention the new one was far from finished.

I will run some missions with my TrackIR Enabled this week to see if I can replicate your problem.

Keep in mind though, I've been working on the Block25 Pit integration and external model integration for a while on and off, so a lot of problems you're having maybe because a lot of stuff was not correctly set for the pit and external model at the time the .3 package was zipped.

I'm still working on Gear Suspension/brakes and Collision stuff, and looking into implementing some type of air brake system, after that I'll pack up everything and stuff and go back to working on the F-100D Cockpit.

Edited by SkateZilla

Thanks Skatezilla for your efforts and explanations.

Here is my edits to server.lua and snapviews.lua files and how it looks at my end. (the attached lua files contain only the F-16Demo sections nothing more so if used they need to be copy/pasted to the big files.

The only problem that remain now (I think) is the locked position of cockpit placement. The numbers in attached files are put to zero but no matter what values I had entered nothing happened... even extreme ones.

Screen_140303_193423.thumb.jpg.d69af0b15c36b56b9a29d747afbc7ee4.jpg

Screen_140303_193459.thumb.jpg.6f0866508c7db33be4becc0bd82c07e1.jpg

luas.zip

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Update not gonna make it this weekend, still working on suspension, tires, brakes and some other things.

I enabled anti-skid and gradual braking moment (1 second). Untested, so let me know if it works or helps at all and I will commit it to the repo.

F_16Demo.zip

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

Thanks Skatezilla for your efforts and explanations.

Here is my edits to server.lua and snapviews.lua files and how it looks at my end. (the attached lua files contain only the F-16Demo sections nothing more so if used they need to be copy/pasted to the big files.

The only problem that remain now (I think) is the locked position of cockpit placement. The numbers in attached files are put to zero but no matter what values I had entered nothing happened... even extreme ones.

Great work!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

if I set in server.lua the line of cockpit like this:

--CockpitLocalPoint = {0.000000,0.000000,0.000000},

meaning disabled

Then the cockpit goes to default position which is a lot higher than the plane and retains 6DoF and the rest.

Could be this due to some 3D model limitations?

Screen_140304_172010.thumb.jpg.df50c58e772a0bccdc57a0ac04cad2ca.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]