Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tango - looks like he was paused at first. the reaction was immediate.

Smiley - sounds like the magnitude of all forces on your aircraft are too low? The result of using a different plane of reference or different units than ED for force sizes, perhaps. If you scaled everything up, the relative magnitude of the stores drag would be minimized.

CptSmiley, I currently have that problem even without weapons loaded. I can't even make progress anymore. also, you don't have anything less than third parties have when it comes to the EFM API. there are just many unanswered questions and ED Devs are focused on other things at the moment.

Correction:

I just did another test and this happened only when I added a smoke pylon on my aircraft. A clean aircraft flies just fine.

looking forward to it

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I've had a similar experience, if some of the input values fall outside of the FM's tables, or equations, then the FM seems to be unable to recover from it, and no further commands will affect the aircraft's flight to any significant degree. This can be anything in the FM from the engine to the aircraft itself.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

The A-10 and P-51 use the internal ED AFM which is almost entirely different from our EFM.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

SFM= LUA Based

EFM= LUA Based w/ Extended Parameters

AFM= DLL Based.

?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hey Viper East, that looks familiar.

Nice background, I did something similar on my end.

Xtacrl.jpg

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

So Blaze is working on a Viper?

As I understand it he made it for the Virtual Viper East Demo Team which he will fly at VFAT.

http://forum.virtual-airshows.com/index.php/topic,1357.msg9899

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks for the update. I agree, we have those three issues currently as well.

Also, I was never able to make fuel mass work properly, so how do you have this currently coded. How do you add fuel to tanks at different positions on your aircraft at initialization? Initially, the mass is the empty weight, while the fuel it sends me is correct. I only see a way to remove or add mass at each time step due to fuel usage. How do you add it initially?

Also, my engine modeling is very primitive at the moment, but I was wondering what your plans for this are. There are not very many good engine modeling examples out there to pull from that have transient effects modeled.

All I'm using at the moment is this:

double Tslmax = 16868;
double Tslidle = 1324;
double dT = throttle_demand;
double KT = 0.1;
double thrust = ((Tslmax-Tslidle)*dT+Tslidle)*(rho/rhosl)*(1+KT*mach)

Where Tsl stands for Thrust at Sea Level, KT is the factor for mach effects, and rho/rhosl is used for altitude effects. Here there are no dynamic effects, yet.

I have found several very detailed thermodynamic turbine models, but reducing them down to what is needed for simulation purposes has been difficult.

Edited by SilentEagle

prolly a custom user definition on the tire mesh, as when the tire mesh is subed out for damaged tire, the scratching returns on teh A-10..,

ISGEAR=TRUE

or something along that line.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Okay, I have several lags and filters that I wrote in LUA several months ago to handle SFM engine spool, instrument needle dynamics, and some automatic FCS and autopilot testing. I'll just convert these to C++ and tune the parameters to match specific RPM range lags. What kind of factor could I multiply this function by to assess the impact of changing weather temperature from day to day. Altitude density is a function of this temperature, but there is also the effect of a higher thermodynamic efficiency for the engine, or is this taken care of with air density at altitude? Higher altitude (lower density) but colder air (higher density).

Mine is actually very similar to yours. I am using linear and exponential equations to match the datatables for the F-16 NASA sim...I need to take the time and put them into data tables. I also have lags and filters based on the NASA sim that replicates the spool up / spool down of the engine.

That's about all you can really do unless you want to get into writing a physics based engine model and use nominal power and propulsion equations to find the temp and pressure ratios across each stage of an engine. This requires extensive knowledge of the engine specifications and many of the dynamics of the engine will fall out when you do this but tweaking it to make it match performance charts due to any differences can be tough and time consuming.

But we don't yet know what that property is exactly named right?

Im hoping Alex or someone will chime in soon to explain this.

As we've encountered the problem on more fronts now.

Testing the systems and switchology of the F-100D Pit systems, the Gear wont work unless we use the AFM system for it.

I'm in my office, so I cant play, but from what Im being told in group chat, the gear will visually move, but interaction stays in the state it was when the mission started (ie Ramp Start, Retract gear on ground and the plane stays where it's at instead of dropping to it's belly)

(ie Airborne Start, deploy gear, land and belly scrape)

While we Cannot edit the mesh properties of EDM from DCSW that are being used to test pit systems right now. (Hornet).

We can however put the correct definitions in the F-100 meshes when we are ready to move everything over.

A-10C and F-15C/E both have points connected to the Gear Tire, prolly for dust smoke.

However P-51 and SU25T do not. and they both use the AFM, Which means somewhere in AFM the Mesh is called out as a Collision mesh for a TIRE, or there is a custom line added to the user definitions of the tire or the tire's equivalent in the collision model.

So..... Question is.. How should I be setting up our 3d model..... As of right now, our last build has Connectors up the yazoo for EVERYTHING. For Functions that obviously still dont work (Wingtip trails).

Edited by SkateZilla

AFAIK no "Group" is working on one, VTAI Was, but I dont think they've said anything in almost 6 months now.

there are a few individual F-16s in the works JohnX being one, and Blaze, a few of them are for VFAT / Display Use...