Holding Pitch

bunraku

Hi.

I have the problem where i just can't the pitch to settle. If a wing is banking i trim the other wing down using fine adjustments, but i can never get the banking or even pitching up and down to stop and can never just get the plane to fly straight and level. If i trim one wing down to level it starts to bank towards that wing instead etc.

Is there a way for me to just hold it at a pitch i am happy with?

Thanx

Real planes are like that too. You can never get a plane perfectly trimmed in real life since there's always something that will cause it to start wandering again (such as turbulence, control rigging, etc.).

From what I've read, it sounds like the A-10 is notorious for being difficult to trim well. The joke goes something like "How do you do evasive maneuvers in an A-10? Easy: just let go of the stick." :)

If you want the plane to fly hands-off you can always turn on the autopilot.

--NoJoe

I have no idea how experienced you are in the Hog but it sounds like you trim to much ? Most of the time 1-2 Steps are enough. Just tip the trim dont hold it.

And if you go faster/slower you have to adjust the trim to the pitch all the time.

btw. you have to trim the plane all the time, there is no optimal trim for a hole flight. ;D

my english is not the best i hope you know what i mean ^^

Edit: If you drop some weapons you have to retrim as well.

Edited by Maverick82

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]