Motherboard recommendations?

My PC has been glitching more than usual of late and I have tried everything that Google has thrown at me. The glitch is upon startup when after the initial memory test, it reboots and then goes into a cycle of POST, mem test (Completes) and the reboot. The only way I can get it to boot properly when it dows this is to hold the power switch at the right time. I then will either have it reboot normally (Mem test -> Detecting IDE drives -> loading operating system) or it will display a screen that reads,

'Main BIOS Checksum Error.............

Retrieving Recovery Source from HPA...............

BIOS Auto-Recovering.............'

The problem parts seem to be my Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 Motherboard. I am over it. I have had one SSD fail due to what I believe is the constant power cycle. I have tried resetting BIOS, flashing (not in the fun way), resetting updating... everything BIOS.

So, having built this pc a year ago, I promptly took myself out of the research mode and went about enjoying it, therefore taking myself out of the loop regarding technology evolution.

Can anyone recommend a new motherboard to take the following bits? Major feature I would like is a bucket load of USB ports at the back of the PC...

[li]Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3[/li]

[li]Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB WD1002FAEX [/li]

[li]HIS Radeon HD6970 2GB (times 2 Crossfired)[/li]

[li]Intel Core i7 2600K[/li]

[li]Silverstone Strider 850W Gold ST85F-G [/li]

[li]OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD 2.5[/li]

[li]Corsair Hydro Series H80 CPU Cooler[/li]

With the next month off, I was thinking of tackling this in the next 3-4 weeks (once my shoulder is able to be moved again, this will be an interesting task one-handed...)

Also this may sound stupid but this was my entry into pc building... Will the require a full reinstall of EVERTHING, or is there a quick and easy way to replace a motherboard without a full reformat?

'Main BIOS Checksum Error.............

Retrieving Recovery Source from HPA...............

BIOS Auto-Recovering.............

Sounds to me like your mobo can not hold configuration settings in cmos-memory. Try exchanging battery (think it is CR2032 type)...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure you thought of this, but in case you didn't, did you update the BIOS? My homebuilt computer uses an Intel DX58SO2 motherboard that had all kinds of issues hanging on boot until Intel posted an updated BIOS file.

Instrument and multi-engine rated pilot

SAR pilot with US Air Force Auxillary / Civil Air Patrol, Colorado Wing