Rogue System -- Space Sim

bfeld

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahaha, I was going to open a thread, after pledging to your Kickstarter, but a little search, and I quickly found it was already done.

Best of luck to Michael for its project !

BTW, you can try to reach TotalBiscuit, but last time I checked, he doesn't take requests. But try anyway ! :)

Ahaha, I was going to open a thread, after pledging to your Kickstarter, but a little search, and I quickly found it was already done.

Best of luck to Michael for its project !

BTW, you can try to reach TotalBiscuit, but last time I checked, he doesn't take requests. But try anyway ! :)

Yeah, I noticed that. I presented it as, "It was suggested to me you may be interested in..." and gave him a link to the video. It's up to him to decide to act on it. Probably won't amount to much, but definitely worth a tweet at least. :)

Edited by Michael Juliano

new vid

We got the email. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

new vid

canopy monitoring system, appropriate lighting, fantastic i says !

OMG OMG OMG! This is going to be so great! :)

Michael is working hard to make me want to raise my pledge. :D

It's like watching Wags' producer's notes and going "Release it already, stop teasing me!"

OMG OMG OMG! This is going to be so great! :)

Michael is working hard to make me want to raise my pledge. :D

It's like watching Wags' producer's notes and going "Release it already, stop teasing me!"

For a $300,000 pledge, I believe he will consider naming it Yurgon Rogue System! :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hell, I'd just call it "Yurgon" and apply for new trademarks ;)

See, there you go. Now get out that checkbook!! ;)

I still don't know how much I'll pledge, but I will pledge for sure. Your last video was impressive, I was blown away at how immersive it felt when you put the pilot secure bracket in place and put the helmet on, I'll remember that for some time, more of that! I expected to hear the typical pilot helmet breath sound but it didn't come though, is that planned?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I still don't know how much I'll pledge, but I will pledge for sure. Your last video was impressive, I was blown away at how immersive it felt when you put the pilot secure bracket in place and put the helmet on, I'll remember that for some time, more of that! I expected to hear the typical pilot helmet breath sound but it didn't come though, is that planned?

Thanks in advance for whatever support you can do. Yes, that is most certainly planned. Pilot reactions, breathing, etc only recently started to go in, and Kevin (the gent who's been doing sounds up to this point) wasn't able to provide samples for every situation yet.

There are all sorts of things like this planned. If I can get some folks, and myself, working full-time progress will be much faster for obvious reasons :)

Thanks, by the way, for the kind words.

Cheers...

I would like to, over time, concept design my own ship for this, systems `n` all, then see if integration is possible. It`d be great to have some ideas for when its released (pending release ofcourse). that last vid really gave me a few ideas. and i`d just love to design a spaceship lol

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From what I gather Rogue System will be HIGHLY mod-able (tho maybe not mod-friendly) so I'm sure that in time it will be possible for modders to implement their own design. I'm with you on that btw, I'm a graphic designer IRL and love to do some Concept Arts and you can bet I'll do a bunch of ship or station sketches for Rogue System!

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From what I gather Rogue System will be HIGHLY mod-able (tho maybe not mod-friendly) so I'm sure that in time it will be possible for modders to implement their own design. I'm with you on that btw, I'm a graphic designer IRL and love to do some Concept Arts and you can bet I'll do a bunch of ship or station sketches for Rogue System!

If we can reach the 500K stretch goal and I can get a full-time programmer working on mod tools then modding will be MUCH easier.

And, btw, if you do work up some concept stuff PLEASE feel free to send it on. I might not be able to compensate you for it, but if I used the design I'd CERTAINLY give you credit for it.

Cheers...

And, btw, if you do work up some concept stuff PLEASE feel free to send it on. I might not be able to compensate you for it, but if I used the design I'd CERTAINLY give you credit for it.

Cheers...

i`d be more than happy to help anyway i can anyway. its an avenue ive been itchhing to work in graphically. space that is.

pm`d you my idea there MJ.

EDIT: ive noticed 1 post on the powerfull userbase that is reddit regards RS, might be an idea to have a sub reddit there.the information on reddit comes in the form of 1 post linking to a rockpapershotgun article. and the little feedback is that they dont like the hud. and lol the fact they were expecting a roguealike (FTL) game. i have asked a friend who writes for a scifi magazine to have a look too.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yep i like this video more than any of the rest, with emphasis on the ship occupant it has a more apparent grounded feel with reality.

i also wonder if we could get dual cockpits & shared systems in such a sim?

Sure you could (dual cockpits, shared systems)--the code support for that is already in there...