Rogue System -- Space Sim

bfeld

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible stuff,seems a fresh new idea or concept in a time where innovation is difficult to say the least.Keep on and don't give up.Though for a project like this I see really neccesary to get quick financial support to set a bigger work team.I'm afraid this kind of complex simulations like for example seven-g taken by just one man is to much,because time is a very limited resource doesn't matter how capable the person is,and more than 5-6 years of development makes the project to be born already old.

Anyway, the best of lucks to you and your wonderful project.

Incredible stuff,seems a fresh new idea or concept in a time where innovation is difficult to say the least.Keep on and don't give up.Though for a project like this I see really neccesary to get quick financial support to set a bigger work team.I'm afraid this kind of complex simulations like for example seven-g taken by just one man is to much,because time is a very limited resource doesn't matter how capable the person is,and more than 5-6 years of development makes the project to be born already old.

Anyway, the best of lucks to you and your wonderful project.

Exactly the reason for the Kickstarter in February. Rogue System is at a point where I have a lot of code that needs art assets to support it. If I work on the art then the rest of the code doesn't get done. If I do the code then I have no art. I now need a team to support me, and to have it done in a proper development cycle we have to be able to work on it full time. The only way to do that is with enough funds to support the team, whatever size it is...

Thanks for the kind words...

• 2 weeks later...

from FB:

Rogue System

FINALLY! Kickstarter approved the project. I'm aiming for a midnight launch, which is 11 hours from now. I'd do it now, but I want to make some last minute adjustments.

I'll give a shout when it's live...

cant wait to see the campaign, really hope this succeeds...will be pleging

Kickstarter for Rogue System is now live

*edit, sorry nemises, I thought you were not returning tonight.

Calling all pilots,,, we need some backing, and spread the word.

Edited by jimcarrel

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

I am in. Good luck with it. :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

+1

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Did anyone completely understand the process for getting to test alpha and beta releases?

>>Reward Upgrades: I realize that some people may only be interested in receiving the Core Module and early testing. If this is the case, please select either the $20 or $25 reward, and then increase your pledge by adding one (1) of the following amounts:

Open Beta Testing: $10

Closed and Open Beta Testing: $20

Alpha and All Beta Testing: $40

So, if you wanted the Core and all testing for it you'd select the $20 (or $25 if you wanted the rank increase) but you'd make your pledge amount $60. If the Kickstarter is successful we'll send out a survey to make sure you want the additional funds applied in this manner.<<

You can't add the $40 on the 1st page, they are null and void after your first pledge.

When you go to manage your pledge, you can type in a new amount at the top , but, it specifically states that doing so does not add to your original amount.

If you pick another amount further down, you end up "changing" pledge amount, not "adding to".

In order to gain testing ability, directions say to "add to" the original pledge.

It seems unobtainable, the "pledge for testing" directions.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

A Kickstarter is planned for sometime in Feb, yes. I'll certainly give a shout when it goes live.

Huh, where's the shout? :music_whistling:

Anyways, I just backed the project. We haven't even reached 1% yet, so come on, guys and gals, do us a favor and throw your money towards it! :)

With more than a month to go, we can surely do it!

Remember, your money will be worth less by the time it is released, so you are actually getting a discount! :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Huh, where's the shout? :music_whistling:

Anyways, I just backed the project. We haven't even reached 1% yet, so come on, guys and gals, do us a favor and throw your money towards it! :)

With more than a month to go, we can surely do it!

SHOUT! ;) I was actually going to, but jimcarrel beat me to it, so I moved on to other forums to continue spreading the word...

Jim, I made a post over at SimHQ about how to add the upgrades, and I re-worded the instructions to make it a bit clearer. To explain here though, if you want the $20 reward, but want to add Open Beta testing, which is $10, you'd select the $20 reward but then would manually change the pledge amount to $30...

Thanks for all the support and kind words everyone! I really do appreciate it greatly! Thanks...

Lots of successful campaigns start off rather slowly. RogSys is kind of starting off on the back foot anyway because I just didn't have the people to put together I bunch of presentation media to get massive hype going.

I do believe it will steadily increase for the next few days, taper off, and then pick up again towards the middle to end. That's typically the pattern.

That's my HOPE anyway ;) Will just have to ride it out...

Edited by Michael Juliano

i wonder if total biscuit would be interested in rogue system ? he could be a big help to RSys if he was.

I Twitted him about this game, but I don't know if he read it at all. But I think he would be interested since he always complains about the lack of proper space games like the X-Wing/Tie-Fighter series... maybe the dev should try to contact him :P