Rogue System -- Space Sim

bfeld

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couldn`t resist doing a simple banner to possibly generate more interest around here for those thhat dont frequent this area. :music_whistling:

[ATTACH]77657[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77658[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77659[/ATTACH]

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yep another great video from you. great to see you just floating away from the station and i strangely like your placeholder art to be honest. the more i see it the more it does make sense in a clinical sort of basic way. appropriate even. its not all fancy trim in combat vehicles by any means.

i think in some respects its hard to take all the information about the sim in over a range of videos. but saying that, it`ll naturally come together the more complete it is and especially in the videos. KS maybe early but im convinced you have the makings of a great great game here alongside the braben and roberts game styles.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed. It's the kind of game though that asks for quite some time to get popular. Imo, it will need some time to grow a good community, but every person that gets onboard, will most likely stay till the end. Slowly building hype, but in a steady and solid manner.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

most titles just need 1 killer video to sell its features. heres what i think is a good route.

a list of features worked into a story board written video and edited down to a level where a lot is shown visually with possibly some naration. or bullit point info.

people generally want to see stuff blow up and if thats good visually its half the battle of selling it. whilst our interests come in a different form due to whatever reasons, it still needs to pander to the ignorant viewer that doesn`t know what he`s really looking at. Telling them what they are looking at wont necissarily sell it to "those" that arn`t so interested in the aspects we that we are for example.

if it looks good, kills stuff, sounds good, then its a winner. so im basicly saying there needs to be some element in the marketing /advertising to those that.... well you know. people that buy anything just because it looks good and seems fun. i dont agree with my reasoning by any means but its how i see such shit being sold by the bucketload everday. RS is not shit and could never be confused as in my eyes. so therefore my reasoning is that there is no harm in selling it by whatever means possible and by these standards because at the end of the day its a hardcore spacesim. rightfully that is the crowd to tout it to, but being so niche, its possibly just not enough factually speaking.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just saw the new banners, thought - hey maybe that is allowed on the ED-forums, apparently it is (looking at Ali Fish's signature ;)).

file.php?id=42&sid=f1f9372ab033d972035adb0a4f6ca636

file.php?id=43&sid=f1f9372ab033d972035adb0a4f6ca636

file.php?id=44&sid=f1f9372ab033d972035adb0a4f6ca636

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Just saw the new banners, thought - hey maybe that is allowed on the ED-forums, apparently it is (looking at Ali Fish's signature ;)).

i thought vivoune did these. and SHH ! dont tell anyone. but really the game doesnt exist yet, and i believe its complementary to DCS and what dcs is as well. but if someones got a beef/horse with it, i understand, just trying to help Mr Juliano and awareness of his Kickstarter campaign for the hardcore simulation scene.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah we gotta support him - it's a great and promising project that I really look forward to! :-)

Hi all. Just a quick shout to say that BumbleBee was kind enough to extract Rogue System's portion of their recent 8-hour webcast. Here's the link:

Thanks for all the support and suggestions, gents. I do wish there was more so that I could "sell" to the more visually oriented. I just haven't had the "manpower" to put together that sort of presentation. Perhaps the upcoming combat portion of the video series will help a bit in that respect.

Again though, while being funded through KS would be HUGE, even more important is the exposure--getting Rogue System recognized as a brand. If some people don't like its study-sim approach is hardly the point. That it's recognized as an option in the space combat genre IS :) And yes, slowly and steadily we're building up a very solid community, and that's what it needs to be successful over the course of its life.

NOTHING that is happening right now is in vain! :)

The more its harder to realise the more i want it for some strange reason and i think most will feel this way too that have supported with funds ,not to mention general interest, which is not a bad thing. aslong as word gets around eventually it`ll happen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK Pledged ... i really hope you can do it this thing should spread... We (i :) ) need it

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

It looks really nice!

Can you showcase flying close to planetary bodies and maybe how to deal with effects of gravitational pull? Another thing is that flybys of all kinds at high speed near buildings, landscapes/ other is always exciting to see (if you count YT-videos).

yes i liked that combat vid, it definetly shows how hardcore its going to be. sadly i dont think that will register with the Pew Pew communities out there as it does look intensely hardcore and dare i say it "hard".

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No perhaps not. BUT, I've read a lot of "I'm waiting to see how this develops..." sort of thing--MIGHT be enough to tip those one way or another. In any case, I just need to keep trying to reach people :)

I'll see what I can do about the gravitational pull vid--that would be easier to visual if there were some displays to help you "see" it.

No perhaps not. BUT, I've read a lot of "I'm waiting to see how this develops..." sort of thing--MIGHT be enough to tip those one way or another. In any case, I just need to keep trying to reach people :)

I'll see what I can do about the gravitational pull vid--that would be easier to visual if there were some displays to help you "see" it.

im just so confident in my thoughts that its just a bit to early. i believe it is has "win" written all over it.

re gravitational effects, its to early to try visualise that no ? not to hark on about to one of my ideas ive mentioned, but the slingshot mechanic if it was there might better illustrate that G effect best through speed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

im just so confident in my thoughts that its just a bit to early. i believe it is has "win" written all over it.

re gravitational effects, its to early to try visualise that no ? not to hark on about to one of my ideas ive mentioned, but the slingshot mechanic if it was there might better illustrate that G effect best through speed.

Definitely, a slingshot pass would show that pretty well--let me see if I can come up with something. The trick is knowing what the proper trajectory is so you actually get slung, rather than pulled down into the planet :) I'll definitely need a display to help with that later on...

Definitely, a slingshot pass would show that pretty well--let me see if I can come up with something. The trick is knowing what the proper trajectory is so you actually get slung, rather than pulled down into the planet :) I'll definitely need a display to help with that later on...

twice you mention that display. im thinking a computed navigational overlay displayed on the ships external viewing monitors with an and/or backup system. seems like somthhing that would be implemented to make it easy for the pilot to comprehend and adjust too. a visual path system for entry.

im thinking regards this that in any other way this example video will be hard to project whats going on. its more of a feeling induced expereince with speed and movements assetts naturally hard to convey in space but with a planetary body it should look good and get some sense of feeling. some cockpit shake should be going on there i reckon for the slingshot where the ship might battle gravity to achieve the speed and thus demonstrate gravity. there is no other way to really demo it. You`d do have to cheat here otherwise. gravity such a powerfull low form of energy, our universes odd form, certainly the odd one out of the four fundamental energised "forces".... hmmm. possibly using darkmatter which has been theorised (loosly) to steal energy from gravity could be used here in a fantasy way though. and dont rule out destroying the ship in the video explanation !.

hard science fiction is just excellent! lol. regards dark matter.i see it as its the secret ingredient in our cosmic soup. the essence that binds us to be one.

must apologise for my excessive editing.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

twice you mention that display. im thinking a computed navigational overlay displayed on the ships external viewing monitors or with a backup system. seems like somthhing that would be implemented to make it easy for the pilot to comprehend and adjust too. a visual path system for entry. im thinking that this example video will be hard to project whats going on. its more of a feeling induced expereince with speed and movements assetts naturally hard to convey in space but with a planetary body it should look good and get some sense of feeling. some cockpit shake should be going on there i reckon for the slingshot where the ship might battle gravity to achieve the speed and thus demonstrate gravity.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was envisioning--a path projected on the EFD or visor display showing your trajectory as you sling around the planet. Maybe two paths actually--the preferred and then the actual. That would help to visualize it pretty well, I think.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was envisioning--a path projected on the EFD or visor display showing your trajectory as you sling around the planet. Maybe two paths actually--the preferred and then the actual. That would help to visualize it pretty well, I think.

yes and produce a sense of skill requirment with the twin path idea. The skill aspect is the essence of the phrase "gameplay". and that is somthing lacking presently in your videos. i understand this is no mere game so to speak as its a simulation, but gameplay wise people will ask "why" should i play RS. what will i get out of it etc. And as a game through simulation which it is imo, it requires gameplay out with any sterile approach to simulation to show it off. i know its there because i just feel i know because of other high level simming i guess, but nobody else does, only this niche and only if they have been paying attention explicilty at that. you need to be very thoughtfull about this out with the focused development of it. and i understand that much of that is what the KS is for etc. help and fresh eyes and ideas away from the coding.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes and produce a sense of skill requirment with the twin path idea. The skill aspect is the essence of the phrase "gameplay". and that is somthing lacking presently in your videos. i understand this is no mere game so to speak as its a simulation, but gameplay wise people will ask "why" should i play RS. what will i get out of it etc. And as a game through simulation which it is imo, it requires gameplay out with any sterile approach to simulation to show it off. i know its there because i just feel i know because of other high level simming i guess, but nobody else does, only this niche and only if they have been paying attention explicilty at that. you need to be very thoughtfull about this out with the focused development of it. and i understand that much of that is what the KS is for etc. help and fresh eyes and ideas away from the coding.

Take care not to pollute too much the EFD.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.