New Movie: Black Sea Operations intro sequence

• ED Team

Hi Folks.

Here's another movie for you, again, regarding the Black Sea Operations campaign.

It turns out, T-Bone and i had a little discussion regarding this movie, as to the music is not right, the footage is wrong compared to the story, the text is wrong, and some other small things..

So we decided to release the movie to see what you guys have to say about it. I may be forced to make another intro, but T-Bone and i are still discussin what to do with this.. Also, we just want to find out if the interest in this campaign is there at all, this is time consuming work.

Anyway, i'll probably add some more stuff to this thread regarding the movie and the story behind it, but for now, here it is:

http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/linkcounter.php?LID=232

Again, huge thanks to www.lockonskins.co.uk for hosting my movies.

Appreciate it.

• Like 1

Well... the music is way off.

Mm... and the beginning scene with the gerorgia 2008 text is too long, it gives you time to study the graphics too much.

Otherwise it's good... but the closeups with the MiG-25 could use some heat-blur, possible to record one with AA and one with heat-blur and make some editing? ;)

Oh... and it really doesn't explain that much.. at least not the in-game footage.. maybe the intro movie should let you see more takeoff's and stuff... a... I don't know.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

that was pretty amazing. yeah! the music was waay off....Its not that suited for an intro too.

apart from that, YES we are still interested in your campaign. and YES we want your movies before and after every mission.

Hope that clears up everything. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

hey bud,

this is my idea of an intro movie....

something like FC campaigns intro style::

-- a little background of the situation.

-- show some of the war scenes that are happening.

-- then show the progress of enemy

-- now show ur jet pulling up out of the hangar.

now the game starts and u r where the movie left off...on the runway.

this would make intro movies in my opinion seem like a REAL intro to the mission.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• ED Team

Yes, i know Witchking. The intro for BSO should be pretty epic, while intros to chapters and missions should be more like this one here..

I'll smack some sense into myself and T-Bone and see what we can come up with regarding this, i already have some lingering ideas for the intro, and a very good music score to go with.

Guest DeathAngelBR

I didn't like the footage at all. What's with the Foxbat flying lower than the Eagles? And these getting close in for the kill?!

The bias is just ridiculous.

I didn't like the footage at all. What's with the Foxbat flying lower than the Eagles? And these getting close in for the kill?!

The bias is just ridiculous.

Dude, take it somewhere else. Nobody cares what you say unless you have constructive criticism.

You can start your own little thread about bias, and then we'll see how that goes, okay? ;)

sigzk5.jpg

Intense flick. I loved it. The music editing, with the video coordination, truly amazing. But the sound track lack’s what you might call ”humph” not intense enough even tough it’s a good piece. The music is too dark, too sad, the emotions don’t work with what you’re trying to get across I would think. It’s my constructive opinion. But who I’m I, too give out such and opinion on this fabulous artwork. Due keep it up. Can’t wait for the final results.

Cheers:cool:

Guest DeathAngelBR
Dude, take it somewhere else. Nobody cares what you say unless you have constructive criticism.

You can start your own little thread about bias, and then we'll see how that goes, okay? ;)

:rolleyes:

So we decided to release the movie to see what you guys have to say about it.

Do shut up. :cool:

• ED Team
Intense flick. I loved it. The music editing, with the video coordination, truly amazing. But the sound track lack’s what you might call ”humph” not intense enough even tough it’s a good piece. The music is too dark, too sad, the emotions don’t work with what you’re trying to get across I would think. It’s my constructive opinion. But who I’m I, too give out such and opinion on this fabulous artwork. Due keep it up. Can’t wait for the final results.

Cheers:cool:

Thanks for your nice comments and constructive opinions on the movie. I too feel this way now, so does T-Bone. We will make a true Intro for BSO, and reserve movies like this for cutscenes. And, of course, we will use a different soundtrack all around. ;)

I've always liked the movies you've produced, however, this feels a little displaced. I think it would be great for a cut scene like you said.

If I may offer a few opinions:

• the movie definately needs different music, essentially the scene is a mugging of a mig-25 right? or is supposed to feel that way, so perhaps some dark/brooding music may work or even something similar to the score for the rock ( definately not the same because it has been used to death), that kinda feel anyway, maybe.
  • From my interpretation (ie mugging type thing) perhaps some more intro footage and emphasis could be placed on the aggressors. Mostly to balance the peacefull scenes for the taxiing shots.
  • Finally, the take-off scene for the mig was brilliant!

Great work like always,

Keep it up.

Finally had a chance to download and watch this a few minutes ago. Guess I'm in the minority. The intro sent a shiver down my spine. The contrast between the music and the video sequence--between the slow calm cadence of the music and the approaching mayhem of war--is what did it. I think you made an excellent artistic choice.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

To create critical oil shortage, chechens would have to launch the full scale military campaign in Siberia. Destroying single oil refinery(complex) even the major one will be like a moscito bite for the country like Russia. And Politburo seized to exist 15 years ago.

I would like to see any Ukrainian oil field, Russia be interested with. So the background does not seem real to me.

But the movie is fine, especially I liked the music.

"Docei de e eduaimonia en te schole einai - Считается, что счастье заключено в досуге"© - Аристотель

Criticism

Personally i feel that what you are doing is worth its weight in gold and i find it highly amusing when certain people on this thread feel they have the audacity to give comment so matter of factly - LIKE THEY COULD DO BETTER PLEASE

G_A KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - CANT WAIT FOR THE CAMPAIGN

Cheers

SUMOSCOUSE OUT !!! :cool:

GA, you know how much I love your movies, you could pretty much tape a turd in a toilet bowl and I'd aplaud it these days!

This latest movie is very different, but again, I like it. Like you said though, probably not as grand as you guys would want for the campaign.

Hey, if you ever want to tape some cool A2A action you might consider grabbing a track from our online server. We regularly get 20+ people in there and the fights are MASSIVE!

Let me know if we can help and I'll put a request through.

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

Ouch my ears. The music is horrible.

Also you've made the scenes in the sky a bit too dark imho.

Overally I agree with what Witchking's said.

At the end another great video editing from G_A :)

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Personally i feel that what you are doing is worth its weight in gold and i find it highly amusing when certain people on this thread feel they have the audacity to give comment so matter of factly - LIKE THEY COULD DO BETTER PLEASE

Deep breath...and relax.

Constructive criticism is people giving positive feedback to improve the final product. No harm, no foul. This is a _good_ thing :)

Negative feedback everyone can do without.

• ED Team

Hey all, again thanks for any comment, positive or negative. I realize the movie isn't what it could be, and i smack myself up-side down for making it so. Next movie will not be dark, it will be at daytime, which will give the movie a new look. T-Bone and I will try to make more sense into the next movie, which i believe will be the intro for BSO that really feels, and looks, like an intro.

Anyway, cheers ;)

• Like 1