Raising Chair Height the answer.

bunraku

Hi.

I am using TIR6, but have the issue of not really seeing the bottom of the hud unless i sit fully erect in my chair which is uncomfortable over long periods of time or raising my chair height so i am looking down towards the hud in a six o'clock position.

Is there any way to fix this as i can't see the compass or the gun reticule without altering position?

You can see before and after pixs below.

Screen_121024_160135_zps8a839bbd.jpg

Screen_121024_160142_zpsc5d8d65b.jpg

Hi.

I am using TIR6, but have the issue of not really seeing the bottom of the hud unless i sit fully erect in my chair

Is TIR6 out? I still have TIR5...

Anyway, just sit comfortably and (re)center the TIR once in a while. It should fix the situation.

Hi.

I am using TIR6,

There's a TrackIR 6?? Or is that just a typo?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My rig: i7 3770K oc'd to 4.7 GHz | Asus Maximus 5 Extreme mobo | 4 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 | 2 x EVGA GTX 680 in SLI | Asus Xonar Phoebus audio card | OCZ Vertex 4 512 GB SSD

My peripherals: Dell U3011 30" at 2560x1600 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD 558 | Razer Black Widow | Razer Imperator

There's a TrackIR 6?? Or is that just a typo?

That is a typo. TIR 5.2 is in beta right now.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

the answer is pretty simple. Assign the HUD view zoomed in and up to a snapview button. Assign this button to the HOTAS. GUN/snapview/Brrrr.../snapview off/BDA..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Assign the HUD view zoomed in and up to a snapview button.

Can you (or anyone else who is in the know) please tell me how this is done? I tried to follow some instructions I found in these very forums (of course I can´t find them again anymore now *sigh*), but they wouldn´t work at all. Something to do with things being saved somewhere else since some current version. <- Excuse me for being technical...

So yeah, if anyone could help me out here and tell me how to do it, I´d greatly appreciate it. As opposed to the poor fellas who find themselves at the business end of my GAU-8... :joystick:

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

Anywhere you sit, slouched or up, just hit the re-center button. That's what it's there for. Whenever my head goes down in the pit to fiddle or after a sequence of commands, I hit it...to the point where I periodically hit it even when it's not necessary. Comes from playing Arma a lot with TIR.

And binding the TIR Z axis to zoom, and the longitudinal axis to the wheel next to the APU switch, takes care of all my needs. Thx to Fish for that!

Anywhere you sit, slouched or up, just hit the re-center button. That's what it's there for. Whenever my head goes down in the pit to fiddle or after a sequence of commands, I hit it...to the point where I periodically hit it even when it's not necessary. Comes from playing Arma a lot with TIR.

And binding the TIR Z axis to zoom, and the longitudinal axis to the wheel next to the APU switch, takes care of all my needs. Thx to Fish for that!

The highlighted bit has me a little confused?

I have zoom on the slider of the Warthog throttle, next to apu switch (essentially the throttle friction control slider)

the Embolded bit in your text is interesting, how/where?

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

The highlighted bit has me a little confused?

I have zoom on the slider of the Warthog throttle, next to apu switch (essentially the throttle friction control slider)

the Embolded bit in your text is interesting, how/where?

You can map that to the TIR Z axis (it's the axis that moves you backwards and forwards in the TIR software) in the game itself. Scroll to the right when you're assigning in the options menu and you'll see TIR, then simply give it's Z-axis the zoom function. I did however disable one half of the curve in the TIR software (not in game), because I have no need for zooming out from the neutral/centered position.

I find this works a lot more intuitive than assigning a snapview or slider to see the hud better when doing gunruns or bombing. Becomes very natural, also when viewing the mfcd's and cdu and other things.

Note that I do use the slider next to the APU you mentioned, to shift my viewpoint back and forward (since it has a nice middle position indent) and the TIR pause when needed, to do some stuff on the side panels (like adjusting radio's or lights, cdu programming, etc...)

• 2 years later...

I had a similar problem... there are cockpit camera commands within the DCS command structure for - rise lower, center, down back and forward . This has helped me, binding them to the throttle / joystick. Hope this might prove to be an alternative for you.