Flight simultaneous attacking different targets

munckmb

Hi guys, complete newbie here:)

I have a question: How can I make a flight of 2 or more planes, simultaneous attack different targets? I want a flight of say four F-15E's attack four different hangars/bunkers in a airfield attack in one pass. I assign four "attack map objects" orders on a waypoint and they make four passes....I want them to destroy four targets in one pass, can this be done? I tried to assign each plane his own target but that's not working either.

Thanks for any help!

Barry

So you tried advanced waypoint > engage group, for each plane? (to the different targets of course)

Personally i've to tried to do this, but it should work.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

So you tried advanced waypoint > engage group, for each plane? (to the different targets of course)

Personally i've to tried to do this, but it should work.

Hi, it's not about attacking groups, it's a ground attack or precision strike mission. So what I do is assign each member a different hangar to bomb but they never do in a single pass.

Well you can do it via the scripting engine, but I honestly can't really help you much with using the tasks with it as I've yet to explore that part of the scripting engine. Your best bet is to make 4 individual flights and give each a "follow" command with the last waypoint set just before the target area. Give each F-15E a coordinate to attack, and then have them RTB.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Hi guys, complete newbie here:)

I have a question: How can I make a flight of 2 or more planes, simultaneous attack different targets? I want a flight of say four F-15E's attack four different hangars/bunkers in a airfield attack in one pass. I assign four "attack map objects" orders on a waypoint and they make four passes....I want them to destroy four targets in one pass, can this be done? I tried to assign each plane his own target but that's not working either.

Thanks for any help!

Barry

It would probably be easier to separate them into 4 groups with the same flight plan.

AFAIK, all engage commands are duplicated across the entire group. I also think the Average and Excellent skill levels are the wrong way round on the F-15E. They seem to fly better when it's set to Average.

You could try using a B-52.

DFA.trk

Edited by marcos