Transparent cockpit

mikethemadmonk

Three times I have re-installed The World and all the planes and each time the AC-10 is completely transparent in cockpit view. Also, in outside view, it has sunk into the runway.

Has anyone else come across this problem ? If so, how or what did you do to solve it?

That seems to be an RAM issue, how much RAM do gou got installed?

At least according to the cockpit view issue.

Please post your PC Specifics, installed operating system, and procedure about how did you installed the game, and how do you usually start the game?

Please also check whether the latest C++ (redestructable 2010) is installed

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Three times I have re-installed The World and all the planes and each time the AC-10 is completely transparent in cockpit view. Also, in outside view, it has sunk into the runway.

Has anyone else come across this problem ? If so, how or what did you do to solve it?

Check also that you have downloaded the last version of the A-10 module, 1.2.1 compatible.

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had issues similar to what you describe before are you using the latest everything i.e. DCS: World, A-10C module Black Shark 2 etc. all some 8Gb's of DCS updates all moduals have to be at 1.2.1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vipers 406

http://www.vipers406.com/

62nd Fighting Falcons

http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.asn.au/

Jesus is coming, Look busy.

That happend when A10 module is not activated. Try delete A10 folder from mods/aircrafts and install modul again, after install check Start game and click on Finish.

If the module is not activated so you cant select it for getting into the Cockpitview. But you can see it in external view and as AI controlled AC. But this also doesnt work for him as well.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Make sure during the install of world that you ( tick ) the ( dx and c++ ) box. I install yesterday without doing that and got transparent cockpit, but then went back and ran the DCSW exe with them ticked and without uninstall and all was fine afterwards.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

Hi folks, I have the same issue, only it has now gotten worse.

I had DCSW 1.2.0 aleady installed and installed the new version but had the transparent cockpit thing going on. I followed the advice above several times but still to no avail. I then uninstalled all my DCS products and rebooted my machine. The reinstall seems to work OK but when it goes to start DCS World I get an error message: Can't Start DCS World.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled another 4 times since all with the same result. I was going to install DCSW 1.2.0 again first to see if that makes any difference, but haven't had time yet.

Any ideas on what is happening would be most aprreciated.

DCS Products : DCS A-10C, BS, BS2, LOFC2

My configuration is : Win7 Pro 64Bit; i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz; ASROCK Z68 Extreme 4 Gen3; 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz; 2 x 1GB GDDR5 Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460OC in SLI Mode; Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS; Thrustmaster Cougar MFD x2; Saitek Pro Combat Pedals; TIR-5 w/Pro Clip; Logitech G510; Logitech G13.

Self Built Block 52 F-16 Cockpit - Win10 Pro 64Bit; i5-6600K @ 3.40GHz; ASROCK Z170 Extreme 4+; 32GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz; AMD Radeon Vega 64 8GB HBM2; TM Warthog HOTAS; TM Cougar MFD x3; Saitek Pro Combat Pedals; TIR-5 w/Pro Clip; Logitech G510; Logitech G13; Gametrix KW908 G-Cueing Jetseat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys will give that a go now. Attached are the latest 2 error messages after it took 3 hours saying it was updating the file, then bombed out with the error messages.

picture.php?pictureid=4859&albumid=700&dl=1351508321&thumb=1picture.php?albumid=700&pictureid=4858

Self Built Block 52 F-16 Cockpit - Win10 Pro 64Bit; i5-6600K @ 3.40GHz; ASROCK Z170 Extreme 4+; 32GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600MHz; AMD Radeon Vega 64 8GB HBM2; TM Warthog HOTAS; TM Cougar MFD x3; Saitek Pro Combat Pedals; TIR-5 w/Pro Clip; Logitech G510; Logitech G13; Gametrix KW908 G-Cueing Jetseat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[...]

check this link and dont start laughing by notifying the threadstarter :music_whistling:

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Thanks MemphisBelle, woked a treat. Would have taken me forever to figure out. All reloaded and I can get into DCSW 1.2.1, but still have the transparent cockpit and crashes immediately. Have tried to load a couple of training missions but the aircraft explodes and crashes immediately I press Pause/Break, then the wingman appears in a full aicraft and flys around no issues. Still at a loss as to what it is. All worked fine in DCSW 1.2.0.

Thanks again...Wayne

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had the same transparent cockpit problem with a-10c.

I coudn't launch the game in the ka-50, nor the P51. (error window as seen before in this topic)

Following solved all:

That happend when A10 module is not activated. Try delete A10 folder from mods/aircrafts and install modul again, after install check Start game and click on Finish.

Thank you very much!:)

I've had the same transparent cockpit problem with a-10c.

I coudn't launch the game in the ka-50, nor the P51. (error window as seen before in this topic)

Following solved all:

Thank you very much!:)

If it is not activated, so you cant get into the sim at all (exept for SU and ME of course). So I dont think that this is this reason. On another part of the forum it was mentioned that a RAM issue causes this...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

All modules are activated and I can get into DSCW. Prior to upgrading to DCSW 1.2.1 everything worked fine but now it doesn't matter what I try to load it will start with a transparent cockpit. When I go to fly the aircraft explodes immediately. In the training mission the transparent cockpit just hangs vertical in space with the wind whistling through. Switching to external view the whole rendered aircraft appears but it is hanging vertical in the sky.

I have uninstalled an reinstalled several times now with the same result. Wierd thing is last night out of frustration I installed DCSW and modules onto my Dell XPS laptop with 8Gb RAM and Nvidia 2GB GTS-540M. Same result "Transparent cockpit that explodes when I go to fly". How can that be??? 2 completely separate machines with different hardware. This has to be a software issue.

How can I tell whether the software is corrupted as it all installs OK and gets into DCSW fine? DCSW version updated yesterday to 1.2.1.6288.

I can run LOFC2 and Falcon BMS 4.32 fine with no issues.

I have seen the post on the RAM issue but it is pretty much null and void now.

I am pretty frustrated to say the least.....Thanks Wayne

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In this case, I highly recommend to contact official support: link.

Explain exactly what happens, also get the dxdiag file attached to the form and probably some screenshots. Meanwhile I am asking some of my friends whether they know what else could help to give the support proper information to help you.

If support wont reply after a week, so contact a moderator of this Forum that they check whether ED simply has overseen this or if they are too busy to pay attantion earlier.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

If it is not activated, so you cant get into the sim at all (exept for SU and ME of course). So I dont think that this is this reason. On another part of the forum it was mentioned that a RAM issue causes this...

I'm not sure what you mean by "if it is not activated, so you can't get into the sim at all"

It's pretty strange that these similar problems don't have the same solution.

thinking of this, I also did some other things in following order:

1a. activated the serial via mods/aircrafts/a-10c/bin/a-10 protect

1b. tried again with no result

2a. Run exe as administrator

2b. still no result

3a. Deleted the mods/aircrafts/a-10c folder

3b. Reïnstalled the mod with "A-10C_1.2.1.5970"

3c. Result: no exploding plane and no virtual cockpit

I don't think it's a ram problem since I could still fly the su-25. Another reason why is that blackshark and p-51d had other problems, which were solved in the same way.

I do think this is a starforce problem.