Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

About : 'the constraints keep you from creating a perfectly top down view over the side consoles'

This mod uses reduced cockpit movement limits that prevents you to put your virtual Eyes at impossible places - like directly above you knees or between the HUD frame.

This affects also the ability to make a perfectly Top-down snap-view of certain cockpit elements.

BTW - a real pilot will also not have the ability to view this device in such an angle as long he respects the safety regulations and keeps sitting in the seat while flying -instead of 'wandering-around' in the cockpit or even braking his neck and/or pulling out his eyes ...

All above 'restrictions' are made with realism in mind.

If this is something you are not looking for - please don't use this mod and stay with the defaults.

Because there is no way to combine the 'conveniences' of the Default view with the restrictions of this more realistic view setting.

I appreciate fully the intent and result of your mod with respect to realism. I wouldn't fly without it now. There are of course always compromises to be had.

Your measure of realism is so far pretty unimpeachable, but there are other factors of realism that suffer based on basic limitations of the interface, ie. computers.

While the view will resemble a more realistic one, the real world human in a real cockpit has a much better eye than my monitor lets me pretend my fantasy virtual pilot has. The resolution of my monitor at normal FOV for flying limits the usability of things like the CDU because it just looks too small without zooming in.

Now, zooming in enough to read everything in the CDU is hard if its done with TrackIR enabled, so the best solution is a snap view. This brings the zoom in to a more realistic-for-real-life factor. The downside is that given the constraints of both the mod I now adore (btw) and the constraints of the bezel that surrounds the monitor its hard to get a good zoom without getting the image cut off.

Thats what I meant by my issue. Its a similar issue now with trying to aerial refuel. It takes a careful head position to get the right eye line to the boom because looking all the way up obscures it behind the cockpit struts. In real life you would just roll your eyes up higher, but my monitor doesn't go as high as an eye ball and track.

Its more a comment on things I've noticed rather than an accusation of a problem with your mod Peter. ;)

If you think I'm wrong about any of it, then I'm happy to consider the possibility. :P

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

So why don't you simply change also the pivot-point position via the snapviews save function ? Why not ?

That was the second option I named and you were against it... let's drop it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...
You can use this mod without any change.

ED just fixed some bugs that this mod already has fixed before the last update.

>>> P51 View Glitch On Left Side

I think that glitch was just a typo in the lua. As I told you some posts before I was experience it and solve it "accidentally" by editing and arranging the lines by my wish. Me and a squad mate had this glitch and after editing the lua in P51 section (basically we rearranged the order of the lines if I remember correctly) and observed that it was gone after that. Now with the last patch ED say it is fixed so I guess it was some character misplaced or something invisible or invisible for non Cyrillic character users.

But now is fine if the glitch is gone. The new shoulder parameter is best solution for giving the sense the pilot has a neck but without introducing unnatural movements because it acts only when is needed that is after 90 degrees left right rotation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The mod is awesome, but I have a weird problem:

If I save my own snapviews the mod no longer works the next time I load the game.

EDIT

Correction, it just doesn't work with an older saved mission.

Edited by Snaut

MSI GTX 770 2GB -> 1920x1200, MSI H97M, Xeon 1231v3, 16GB

Hi Peter ¡¡.

Great mod this one.

i need your help if you can.

This is my default Su-27 view without your mod.

Screen_130820_212040.jpg

And this is my Su-27 view with your mod.

Screen_130820_211925.jpg

What i want to know is how can i change the HUD FOV? You can see the not moded HUD, is a little more zoomed, near and bigger. Using your mod, the HUD is a little less zoomed and far, not so big and the most important thing for me, it´s not filling all HUD screen.

I want to know how can i change manually the HUD FOV editing the lua files if this is possible, for the Su-27 ( or maybe for all fighters ), to leave the HUD at my own taste.

Thanks a lot for your kind support.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The mod is awesome, but I have a weird problem:

If I save my own snapviews the mod no longer works the next time I load the game.

EDIT

Correction, it just doesn't work with an older saved mission.

Open your miz file with winrar and delete the contained view folder.

More info: Total mystery with this mission file

Hi Peter ¡¡.

Great mod this one.

i need your help if you can.

This is my default Su-27 view without your mod.

And this is my Su-27 view with your mod.

What i want to know is how can i change the HUD FOV? You can see the not moded HUD, is a little more zoomed, near and bigger. Using your mod, the HUD is a little less zoomed and far, not so big and the most important thing for me, it´s not filling all HUD screen.

I want to know how can i change manually the HUD FOV editing the lua files if this is possible, for the Su-27 ( or maybe for all fighters ), to leave the HUD at my own taste.

Thanks a lot for your kind support.

First: There is No way to "change manually the HUD FOV" .

(This has been disused over and over in this thread... here is only one example >>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1826322&postcount=315 ...and this is also quoted in post #1...)

What you need to do to get to your wished/old view :

(BTW - this is also explained in the first post - maybe not as detailed like what follows - but the info is there ...)

1. Go into DCS World>>Options>>Misc. > Check "Enable User Snap-View Saving"

2. load a mission.

3 . disable/pause your trackir

4. hit once "NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

and

"Num5" Cockpit Camera Move Center

5.now use"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back until the HUD fills the space to your liking.

6. Fine adjust it with

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8" Turn Cockpit Camera Up

"Num2" Turn Cockpit Camera Down

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

7.Once you are satisfied - hit

"RAlt+Num0" to Save current Cockpit view as default for this vehicle.

8.enable your TrackIr again.

Edited by PeterP

Thanks Peter.

I´ve just tunned my view perfect now with your kind help.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon
  • Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

This looks amazing. I've spent many hours trying to fix some of these things, but I never was even aware that some of the problems you fixed were even fixable. The "head able to intersect the canopy" bit alone has been bugging me since the first time I ever flew the beta P-51D, and it's still a problem in the latest official version. I presume you fixed that with your reduced limits. Well done, Peter! I'll be sure to check it out next time I'm able to actually fly the sim.

Hello,

I have a little question for Peter, please can you tell me if your awesome Mod "Proper Neck for DCS World 1.2.5 - 1.0" work fine with the new upgrade 1.2.6 ?

If it's not the case please can you tell me if you gonna published a new version of your Mod ?

A great thanks in advance for your answer and best regards. Skull

Hello,

I have a little question for Peter, please can you tell me if your awesome Mod "Proper Neck for DCS World 1.2.5 - 1.0" work fine with the new upgrade 1.2.6 ?

If it's not the case please can you tell me if you gonna published a new version of your Mod ?

Everything is fine - No change.

The views of the Mi-8 will use the developers default, because they aren't included in my server.lua.

Edited by PeterP

Hello,

Call me crazy but I think the mod has been integrated into 1.2.6

I never installed it but first flight with 1.2.6 sure seems to have a proper neck now in the a10c.

i7 4770k @ 4.3ghz / 16gb DDR3 1600 / GTX 770 SC 2gb

Call me crazy but I think the mod has been integrated into 1.2.6

I never installed it but first flight with 1.2.6 sure seems to have a proper neck now in the a10c.

No - they EyePoint is untouched and still turns around itself in the default 1.2.6 files.

It may not be your mod but something has certainly changed. In 1.2.5 and previous versions the view would spin freely 360 degrees.

now looking left or right the camera shifts slightly in the direction of movement and locks looking back over the shoulder with much more of the engine visible.

7d4x.jpg

Sorry for the NVG pic just jumped into a quick mission and it was dark :)

i7 4770k @ 4.3ghz / 16gb DDR3 1600 / GTX 770 SC 2gb

It may not be your mod but something has certainly changed. In 1.2.5 and previous versions the view would spin freely 360 degrees.

now looking left or right the camera shifts slightly in the direction of movement and locks looking back over the shoulder with much more of the engine visible.

Fine - but it seems you didn't read the first post:

Edit: New version with working "ShoulderSize" in all true* 3D cockpits !

Try it - and you will be amazed! - No need anymore to make 'funny moves' with the TrackIr to check your six. (Thanks ED!)

You talk about the ShoulderSize (since 1.2.5 - and this is not made by me) - you still not have a moved EyePoint.

Edited by PeterP