Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

Hey guys.

Honestly I completely lost in this mod. The last thing I remember is this mod is not compatible with all modules. Has somebody done a fix about it?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I don't think so. An since the new modules uses the "local" view.lua file this mod is well left behind.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I don't think so. An since the new modules uses the "local" view.lua file this mod is well left behind.

Quite a shame really. As this mod for me was an absolute game changer. The viewpoint moves felt much more natural. :(

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

Quite a shame really. As this mod for me was an absolute game changer. The viewpoint moves felt much more natural. :(

Yeah it is a shame, this mod was good, I miss it, way more immersive imo. I wish someone would fix it, I dont have the brain's to fix it sadly.

Yeah it is a shame, this mod was good, I miss it, way more immersive imo. I wish someone would fix it, I dont have the brain's to fix it sadly.

Mine still works. Just change the server.lua in Saved Games\.......

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Hi PeterP

I've searched this thread but don't seem to find an answer so...

I have triple screens and Properneck does it's job but not until I am screwed around so far that in effect it is only working for the middle screen. My left screen is just full of seat back. Is there a way to get the shoulder movement working a little earlier in the rotation so that my rear view is visible on my side screen instead of the middle one?

Thanks,

I think I found the answer. My problem was with the VEAO Hawk and the faceful of seatback I was getting. It seems the Hawk View.lua is stored under CoreMods not Mods. I had some success in there tinkering with the F-86 View.lua although not so successful with the Hawk. The ProperNeck Server.lua "default_fighter_player(t)" values don't seem to affect the Hawk (and perhaps other 3rd party cockpits?).

Eventually I created a Hawk section in the ProperNeck Server.lua, in fact I copied the P-51D section and named it "Hawk". This gave a much better response. I still have to turn my view of the centre screen to 90 degrees before the view moves out (I'd rather it began to move around 60) but at least I now get a decent rear view - well as much as you'll get in the Hawk. I still may tinker with the settings a bit more but so far so good.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• 1 month later...

Brilliant!!

This Neck Mod transforms DCS for me.

Well done and thank you PeterP,

What a great man :)

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Kozmyk, I should warn you, use this mod only for single seat aircrafts. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Kozmyk, I should warn you, use this mod only for single seat aircrafts. :)

Thanks for the Heads Up.

I see people are using it on the Hawk (twin seater) with a little bit of tweaking.

And even the Huey with varying degrees of success.

Could other mods be interacting?

OS:Win10 Home CPU:i7 3770K 3.5(@4.3GHz) COOLER:ZalmanCNPS10X-PERFORMA MOBO:GigabyteGA-Z77X-UD5H SSD#1:SamsungEVO850Pro 500GB SSD#2:SanDisk240GB HDD:2x Seagate2TB GFX:GigabyteGTX670 WF3 2GB OC1058MHz RAM:16GB 16000MHz DDR3 KEYB'Ds:Corsair K95/MS SidewinderX4 MOUSE:LogitechG700s MON:2x ASUS 24” ROUTER:ASUS RT-N66U DarkKnight INTERWEBS:Fibre152Mbps/12Mbps JOYSTICK:TM T16000m Modded THROTTLE:TM TWCS HEADTRACK:TrackIR5Pro

Peterp I love your fix for the views but for some reason in the f-15c, and the a-10c the top of the HUD is cut off I need to duck down to read the upper part of it. Is there a way to shorten the pilot's height or neck size 1 to 2 inches shorter, without losing the separation of eye and pivot points?

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

Peterp I love your fix for the views but for some reason in the f-15c, and the a-10c the top of the HUD is cut off I need to duck down to read the upper part of it. Is there a way to shorten the pilot's height or neck size 1 to 2 inches shorter, without losing the separation of eye and pivot points?

In F-15C I have Buttons set for Camera up/down.

Similarly in A-10C I use those buttons for Seat Height up/down.

TrackIR y translate still operates in addition so it's not an either or choice.

Great mod

Re-discovered this mod, and it works really great with A10C 'P51 and Ka 50.

I have reduced the GlobalEyePoint setting to {0.05, 0.09, 0.0} because the effect of default was a bit string and now its perfect

The shoulder dimention also works great..especialy set to 0.20..feels real natural ,and gives great view on my six.

Few things that do not work as far as i discovered are:

Huey, Other crew positions cam posit. can not be adjusted corectly.

Example: the operator Head position is to far right and can not be adjusted to the left or right.

Also in this view ..the whole airframe is rendered in a mest up way.

Also the Mi-8 other crew positions then pilot..gives that kind of problems

Also i experienced a strange thing when i ejected from the A10C (and this happens a lot :music_whistling:.

The view was attached to the seat, and not on the pilot on his shute.

Dont know if this can be related with the mod....(it doesn't happen every time)

But to conclude..

Really a great mod and really improving immersion and realism.

Thanks for this Pete.

• 3 weeks later...

OK...

Great MOD! The only issue I'm having is I have Snapview 4 & 6 (L/R MFD) mapped to buttons on my Throttle and Stick. With the mod installed, When I snapview I only see the top half of each.

I'm sure its something I'm doing but what?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey , I am having a small issue with this mod in the UH-1h. It totally destroys the view from the co-pilot seat (see pic. attached).

I did a DCS repair and removed all mods apart from this and the problem persisted. Removing the "neck mod" corrects this issue. My problem is that this mod is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME with every other module I own.

Any ideas/solutions how to fix this issue in the Huey would be much appreciated.

THanks

Screen_150921_110222.thumb.jpg.220120c9e35fab0b4f85c32c4e4baf7e.jpg

This mod is not compatible with multi-seat aircrafts like Uh-1H or Mi-8... :\

This mod is not compatible with multi-seat aircrafts like Uh-1H or Mi-8... :\

Thanks Devrim. That is a pity . Although the "neck" that this gives us really shines only in the fighters imo.

That being said, I actually have no problems in the Mi-8 (all seats work fine) with this "neck" and problems only in the Huey. Rather oddly, the UH-1h is on the supported list in the first post of this thread but not the Mi-8.

P.s. I am flying the Mi-8 with your cockpit mod Devrim, thanks for that

Edited by DirtyFret

• 1 month later...
1. Go into DCS World>>Options>>Misc. > Check "Enable User Snap-View Saving"

2. load a mission.

3 . disable/pause your trackir

4. hit once "NumEnter" Default FOV aka Zoom

and

"Num5" Cockpit Camera Move Center

5.now use"Num/ - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Back until the HUD fills the space to your liking.

6. Fine adjust it with

"Num2 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Down

"Num8 - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Up

"Num* - RCtrl - RShift" Cockpit Camera Move Forward

"Num8" Turn Cockpit Camera Up

"Num2" Turn Cockpit Camera Down

"Num/" FOV- aka Zoom-in

"Num*" FOV+ aka Zoom-out

7.Once you are satisfied - hit

"RAlt+Num0" to Save current Cockpit view as default for this vehicle.

8.enable your TrackIr again.

Thanks a lot PeterP! I'm not glued to the A-10C's HUD anymore :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 1 month later...

Reworked Cockpit Views for DCS World 2

Here are my files after updating them for 3D pits in DCS 1.5 beta->2.0 alpha, especially for the new FULCRUM and new FROG.

It is important in DCS World Options : Axis Tune Panel, to adjust Saturation Y for these axes:

TRACKIR_YAW: 44

TRACKIR_PITCH: 64 <- 44 seems true 100% 1:1 range with my TIR head debug screen but I increase it for PITCH in sim.

TRACKIR_ROLL: 44

Pause your TIR first, press in order (F1, NUM5, NUMENTER), use keys to move default snap view

up/down RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUM8 or +NUM2,

forward/backward RCTRL+RSHIFT+NUM* or +NUM/

and save if your last tuning RALT+NUM0

Aircraft List from SnapViews.lua file, the ones with "x" are listed in Server.lua file:

x A-10A (tested, default snap view changed)

x A-10C (tested, default snap view changed)

Bf-109K-4

C-101CC

C-101EB

x F-15C

F-86F Sabre

FW-190D9

Hawk

x Ka-50

MQ-9 Reaper

x Mi-8MT (untested, I do not own module)

MiG-15bis

MiG-21bis

x MiG-29A (tested, default snap view changed)

x MiG-29G (as above)

x MiG-29K (as above)

x MiG-29S (as above)

x P-51D (tested, default snap view changed)

x Su-25 (tested, default snap view changed)

x Su-25T (tested, default snap view changed)

x Su-25TM (as above)

Su-27 (tested, default snap view changed)

Su-33 (as above)

TF-51D (tested, default snap view changed)

x UH-1H (untested, I do not own module)

^I will update this as I continue, I need to install remaining modules.

Remember to extract both LUA files to your USER folder, not install folder!

Example:

c:\Users\Shaman\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config\View\

View.rar

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 1 month later...
Here are my files after updating them for 3D pits in DCS 1.5 beta->2.0 alpha, especially for the new FULCRUM and new FROG.

I finally got around to trying this mod in 1.5, used your version posted above. I did not mess with the Axis settings in-game like you mentioned, still got good results.

I tried it with the P-51 and F-15, works great. However it doesn't seem to work with the Sabre-- looking right back into the seat, like without the mod. Script doesn't seem to be affecting that module at all. Any thoughts why?

I haven't touched the Sabre at all, yet, as was pretty much happy with Sabre default TIR behavior (for now), however I had tweaked its Saturation Y YAW /ROLL reduction from 100 to 44, and 66 PITCH. You really should tweak to low saturate TIR axes, why you ask, because they are not set precisely by Eagle Dynamics to correspond to head angles in TIR driver software.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

Does this mod works for DCS 1.5, and if not, will there be an update for it?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Hey harf4ng, Yes it works for 1.5, this is not really mod but an user customization. Direct X engine switch from 9 to 11 as it happened wit DCS WORLD 1.5 and 2.0 has no implication on view and snapview settings, View.lua and Snapviews.lua customization works just the same and fine as before.

PS. necessity to saturate TIR axes is also current for 1.5 and 2.0 - hence ED has not fixed TIR axes to correspond 1:1 by default to what TIR driver is doing on output (ED seriously, yet??).

Here's my latest attached setup for DCS World 1.5 and 2.0

View.rar

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

Interesting. I never found TrackIR to work perfectly with DCS by default (like it does for some other games), but I always fixed that with custom profiles in TrackIR. Never thought to adjust the saturation in DCS; I guess it's two different ways of doing the same thing.

To me, trackIR works better in DCS than in x-plane, for instance. In x-plane and trackIR, you can move IN your seat or behind, or move your head outside the plane ;)

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.