Warthog APU on/off => lower/raise gears

hi!

Can I assign the APU Off Button to lower gears directly in A10?

It's no problem assigning the APU on button, since this is an actual button, but the APU off switch on the warthog is actually just APU-on not-beeing-on. So it's not a real button to assign.

I've initially undergone a lot of a hazzle to configure all relevant keys in TARGET, but that again causes troubles with the Flaps, since than again I can't assign buttons exactly the way (toggle down/toggle up) in the A10 Options anymore.

So if anyone knows of a way to get the flaps working 'as intended' with TARGET, I would be happy too, since than I would simply go back and do all assignments in TARGET. (The APU switch for lower/raise gears works fine with TARGET)

TIA for any help.

APU is by default mapped not as button but as switch, meaning that unless you remove the mapping the OFF will turn it off. You might want to reset your mapping in DCS if you did some unrecoverable changes - the TMWH is correctly mapped by default (well, aside of trim ).

My advice would be to leave Target alone. At least for DCS. As you realise running the target profile creates a virtual controller and this not needed for DCS.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Thanks, but that doesn't really help me that much...

Maybe I should rephrase and simplify my question:

Can I assign a "Button Released" Event to a function, or only button pressed events?

I guess there is a complex (LUA coding?) way, since the APU for example can be turned on and off, but apparently this works only for very limited inputs (namely, exactly those required by the default warthog layout). So far I have not found a way to remapping them.

Thanks, MTFDarkEagle, this was exactly what I was looking for. Not that I wouldn't have used the search function, but searches like button off, button released, etc... all turned up with hundreds of results.

So a very little LUA "coding" did the trick and now I can use the APU switch for my landing gears. Just in case anyone is interested, here's the exact line:

{combos = {{key = "JOY_BTN20"}, }, down = iCommandPlaneGearUp, up = iCommandPlaneGearDown, name = "Landing Gear Toggle", category = "Landing gear panel"},