Possible to get Predator to engage a group?

marcos

Unfortunately the predator can only attack stuff in a ground attack role. Which is how you have it setup currently. The only change you need to make is to give it a bombing task or an attack map object task, and it will engage the specified target.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Unfortunately the predator can only attack stuff in a ground attack role. Which is how you have it setup currently. The only change you need to make is to give it a bombing task or an attack map object task, and it will engage the specified target.

Oh... we've gone a step further than that mon ami.

So... when do I get the DCS MQ-9 Reaper?:megalol:

Finally, wingmen I can trust.

Mwahhahaha.trk

Screen_121027_003118.thumb.jpg.998d343007cb824bb8d6bfb413a4d601.jpg

You can arm Predators.

Oh cool, this must be a new addition since i last looked. (which thinking about it was a long time ago.)

Never saw this addition in a patch log.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

The different ROE's change the behaviors AI are allowed to do. By the default setting of "Open Fire", the AI will stay within the limits of their designated role. CAS will CAS, SEAD will SEAD, and so on. Weapons Free on the other hand removes these limitations.

Oh cool, this must be a new addition since i last looked. (which thinking about it was a long time ago.)

Never saw this addition in a patch log.

I think you could always arm them but you had to create a new payload, which confused some people, including myself. The 'Weapons Free' ROE may be new. This is the first time I've managed to get them to attack actual vehicles. Doesn't seem to work on helicopters though.

Still not sure what the function of the Predator Trojan GCS is. What DCS really needs is an explanation of how various components fit together for stuff like the S-300, Patriot and Predator.

The open fire ROE doesn't work with AFAC Attack Group, so really it's just the Weapons Free ROE doing all the work. FAC assigned targets from the Trojan don't see to work either.

Edited by marcos

This is the first time I've managed to get them to attack actual vehicles. Doesn't seem to work on helicopters though.

Trying to get a predator to attack helicopters doesn't work or using a different ROE doesn't change helicopter behavior?

In terms of groups utilizing multiple components. The predator ground objects are basically "props" and have no real functionality. Sam sites are a different matter however. Depending on the sam site type, the functionality of it can change. Most sam sites require 3 parts. A search radar, tracking radar, and launcher. Some sams have the search radar and tracking radar in the same object (KUB). Others have multiple types of Search Radars that cover different altitudes (S-300). I *think* the presence of a control center object might make the SAM behave differently. I'm pretty sure thats how it worked in Lockon, but much has changed since then and I haven't tested it.

Trying to get a predator to attack helicopters doesn't work or using a different ROE doesn't change helicopter behavior?

The predator won't attack unless using 'Weapons Free' and it won't attack helicopters regardless.

In terms of groups utilizing multiple components. The predator ground objects are basically "props" and have no real functionality. Sam sites are a different matter however. Depending on the sam site type, the functionality of it can change. Most sam sites require 3 parts. A search radar, tracking radar, and launcher. Some sams have the search radar and tracking radar in the same object (KUB). Others have multiple types of Search Radars that cover different altitudes (S-300). I *think* the presence of a control center object might make the SAM behave differently. I'm pretty sure thats how it worked in Lockon, but much has changed since then and I haven't tested it.

Figured as much. The Predator ground objects have loads of assignable tasks, which make you think they should do something but it seems they don't, for now.